Good evening,Yesterday, during a flight, with online weather update, I was getting close to land. But the destination METAR had no visibility report, visibility report was missing (I don't mean visibility equal to 0000 or ////), there was something like :MKJS 031900Z 30006KT SHRA FEW030 20/16 Q1013=Outside my cockpit, it was like a foggy white sky. And I had to make a LAND3 full automatic landing, because I saw the runway one second before I flared.So, my question is : is there a way to avoid this weird weather without closing Activesky and reseting the present weather (not realistic) ?ThanksBest Regards / Stephane

vpa055.png

Hi,No, not really. When the data shows up missing an element there isn't much AS can do. We have tried to program many of the unusual codes, but blank or missing data still causes a problem. We hope that this is a rare occasion.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest vas_yan

Hi, is there anything missing in the following metar: LGAT 261950Z 15005KT 9999 FEW020 SCT110 16/08 Q1017 NOSIG?I got almost zero visibity with this a few minutes ago...It also happens sometimes with Cavok.Kind regards,

Hi if you can reproduce this with a flight, .pln and certain wx (current_wx_snapshot.txt) please send to me @ damianc@hifisim.com. I haven't been able to reproduce this but if you can maybe with your details I can too? Thanks for any help!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest vas_yan

I am sorry i cannot reproduce it, this has happened to me at random times on different places. I usually input route information in AS and then check on 122.000 for wx conditions at departure and destination. Once in awhile I get a 300 overcast (i.e. 300 feet not FL) which is not on the METAR. When that happens I know its time to close AS and restart it. Most of the time after restart weather is set normally.Yesterday I was flying online and heard someone complain that his weather program gave him a 300 overcast over an airfield which was supposed to be clear. Could it be a localised phenomenon affecting only my area (i.e. Greece)? I have noticed a couple of other strange things going on with the Metars over here. E.g. the METAR report for LGAV comes from LGAT and when you are in LGSA AS shows as closest airport KHQN, or something like that, which, I assume, is thousands of miles away.Thanks in advance,