Sign in to follow this  

dauphin heli by mr pankonen/black screen??

Guest crashing_pilot

haidiho peeps,helo and black screen are 2 separate things:the helo has Nothing to do with it,i.e it is INNOCENT!!!anybody know a decent soundset for the dauphin helicopter by atti pankonen?(well done mr!!!)or is the sound included and am i just being stupid(what else is new :-) ):-hmmmoh,and if one of the hardwareguru's could step in....i've purchased a geforce 2 mx400 64mb pci(because i don't have an agp slot....bummer!!!)to upgrade from my onboard ati3d rage pro 4 mb(ouch :-) )but when i put the card in my pci slot my screen goes black....and i purchased the darned thing to see better....not darker :-(the big problem is:how the heck can i install drivers if i don't see what i am doing?!!i mean...if i wanna black screen,i've got loads of black paint....any ideas,thoughts,jokes,reactions,flames,attention or other bs will be greatly appreciated :-blai'm going to bed....many thanks in advance..system spec:p3 500,256 mb ram, ati3d 4mb ,win98se, 20gb hdd maxtor.fs2k2,767pic,df737-400,pss 777-200 pro,pss747-400 pro,and no scarebus(win98?!!!)freeware:posky 767,posky crj,lscrjpnlv2b,dash7c1,dash7v1,goose,vulcanair,and lots of other excellent stuff...:-)

Guest crashing_pilot

bumfpdon't ask me to explain this ;-)

Guest Lindy

I wish I could help you with the black screen problem. Are you SURE the card is PCI? Otherwise you MAY have the same difficulty I had when I tried to upgrade to a GEForce card. It's possible your motherboard will just not accept it.I was running a P3, 700 mhz machine with at TNT2Ultra 32 mg card and attempted to upgrade four times to a GEForce card -- no go. They simply did NOT work!I finally changed MBs to one with AGP 2-4 support and the card worked fine. You may want to check your MB documentation (if you have it) and see how much AGP support you have. Just a thought.-Lindy :-wave

Guest crashing_pilot

thats just my luck...yup i'm pretty sure i don't have an agp slot(i already got the agp geforce 2 mx400....wanna buy ? :-) )but geez....this is pretty shocking news.....anywayz,thanx a lot...i'll contact dell,see what they've got to say...see ya,fly safe

i got a fantastic sound for the heli @flightsim....just go search for eurocopter in the fs2000 sound library. if u dont find it, give me a notice and ill upload it on my server for you......

Guest crashing_pilot

thanx mate,i'll try that!!!oh...and the prob with the vga card is solved.....i haveto plug my monitor ionto the new card,my dell automatically disables the onboard video...:-lol told ya i was stupid..thanks for helping out guys,and a real good christmas to ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I copied the soundset out of another excellent Dauphin file in the Library here. Go to extended search and look for "up_air491.zip" (minus quotes). It's about 2.5 MB.Do these things in this order and you'll be a happy camper: COPY the files from the SOUND folder in the zipfile to the SOUND folder just off FS2002. Then rename dauphin_int.wav to he4.wav, and dauphin_c_x.wav to xhe4.wav. A lovely soundset that reminds me a LOT of Blue Thunder (dating myself, here) --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10 Serving Happy Landings Since 1973!