Sign in to follow this  
bucifan

Force Destination Parameters ??

Could someone post the Force Destination parameters so I could check to see if it is working correctly for me.I think Jim mentioned the weather should be the same 75 miles from destination, if Force is on. Is that at all altitudes, or only below a certain altitude? Are all weather updates skipped or ignored, except if the destination weather changed?Thanks!Rick

Well, if what you said is true, then the Force Destination is still not fixed with build 175! I flew from St Louis to Indianapolis last night, and the weather instantly changed 3 times within the 75 mile radius, and was not equal to the Metar.Rick

JimI will try a few more flights, but if you could give me more info, it may help try & figure what is happening.When does AS decide when to hold the destination weather.....when you hit that 75 mile radius....the next update after.....or the previous update before the radius. If the destination weather changes while you are within the 75 mile radius, does AS ignore this change or allow it, since it is the destination weather?Should you still see the green bar at the top of the screen showing the closest Metar as you fly toward the destination?I'm sure I will think of more questions. I'm a technically oriented person, so when something doesn't work quite right, I like to know how it is supposed to work, so I can relay correctly what I am seeing!Thanks!Rick

Hi Rick,I am not being very detailed because honestly I don't know that much about that option. I know what is generally going to happen, but the details are not in my head! You are processing a flight plan correct?I wish I could tell you more, but I don't want to pass on mis-information.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Yes, I always process a flight plan. Perhaps you can have Damian respond at his leisure. If I knew what & how things were supposed to work & happen, I could pass on only the relevant inforamtion, instead of every little thing, which may only confuse the matter even more!Rick