Sign in to follow this  
Guest dutton

Problems with Active Sky

Guest dutton

Just got it yesterday, so far, very impressinve. Have a problem though, when in flight and after selecting to here the flight info on 122.00, no matter what I do, it still talks,even after dessecting, changing, flipping the COM's. Right now, I am on a flight, and I hear a girl saying one syllable every 3-4 minutes.Quite annoying, anything I can do?Also, I use FSautostart. I have ActiveSky startup after FS2004 starts. All works fine. But I prefer not to switch programs. What happens if I do not go back and load my flight plan - clear my wx with FSUIPC thoguh, just not do an ALT-TAB. The reason I ask, I pratically have everything shutting down on the PC, and when I go to the desktop, the system is just soooo slow since all of it's focus is on FS2004.Thanks!

Hi,Thanks for the purchase!1. Turn down your sound acceleration in DirectX.2. Make sure your sound drivers are up to date.3. A plan is necessary if you are forcing your destination weather. Most other times it may not be necessary.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest dutton

Thanks, already have the sound down a bit, will try lower.As for the Force Destination, am I correct in thinking that this forces the destination airport to load what i actually happening there, not what was experienced shortly before arriving?Confused a bit, seen some people post they have problems then it was recommended that they turn off Force Destination.Thanks. One last thing, your site does not really explain this, do I need to update (Maintenance Release)?

Guest dutton

Well tried loweer sound settings and I am still getting the exact same problem. A Flight Reporter report will go on for about 30 minutes, pronouncing one syllable at a time.I would appreciate an answer to my other questions to if possible.Thanks.

Hi if you continue to have a problem with B182 please e-mail me at damianc@hifisim.com, I will try to help you find the problem...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest bijou98

After having Active Sky for a few months, I decided to re-enact my trip from LAX to Paris on a Boeing 777.All went well for about an hour when FS9 crashed. Message from MS told me to update to 9.1. I tried again without the FS9.1 update and same result, albeit it went to 1-1/2 hours. I decided to do so. However, in the update it would stall at the Weather.dll.So I went to the CD 2 MSGame3Cab.zip and copied Weather.dll to FS9 module folder. Again I tried to update to FS9.1. However, again it stalled at Weather.dll.So questions arise. Is Activesky compatiable to FS9.1 update?Do I need to uninstall Activesky, update FS9.1, then re-install?What needs to be in the module file for all to operate?Presently. WindowsXP, FS9, Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 1.0 Gb of RAMActiveSky2004.5 Weather Engine,UltimateTraffic for FS2004,FlightSim Manager,and FDC,USARoads.

Hi,Not sure why you added this in this thread instead of starting a new one!1. Yes it is as long as you update your FSUIPC to 3.44 or later.2. Nope!3. To update FS04 all the MS .dlls must be originals. It may be another one that is wrong.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg