Sign in to follow this  
Hakkie

Incorrect fetch for station EKCH ???

During my last flight I noticed that a weather fetch for my destination airport (EKCH) returned a METAR from station ETNL. The TAF seems to be OK though. Is this something at my end? I am running latest builds of AS2004 and FSUIPC with standard settings. See screenshot for an example:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109654.jpgThanks for any suggestion!

Hi,Using custom fetch, it will return the airport ID's closest valid METAR reports (separate for METAR, TAF, Winds). In this case EKCH didn't have a valid report, so it is reporting the closest one to it, ETNL. The TAF WAS included in the report, however, as shown..This can be due to temporary lag/delay/error in the station's METAR output (from the actual station).Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

OK, thanks Damian. It indeed was temporary. At this moment an EKCH fetch is reported as I would expect. Thanks for the explanation and sorry to bother you with a temporary issue... :-)