Sign in to follow this  
Guest Popart

Some help needed about cirrus clouds and more

Guest Popart

Hi Jim and Damian,It's been awhile, but I'm back with two questions:1) I hardly see any high cirrus clouds being drawn. I didn't disable them in AS, but I also didn't enable them in FSUIPC. What is the correct setting for this?2) Lately, I've been using downloaded archive weather, but it seems I only get two files a day, no matter what UTC time I insert. For example: if I want weather for 17.00 hours UTC time, I'll get 12Z or 6Z. If I enter another time I'll get the same. Is this correct?I found that using downloaded archive weather together with TAF processing gives me less rapidly changing weather. I also have installed FS Sky World (finally!) and I must say I am impressed. Using the random function together with AS gives me almost a new sky every time I fly...great!

Hi There!Yes, it has been awhile!1. Those are correct. Not disabled in AS and not enabled in FSUIPC. The weather conditions have much to do with their formation. 2. That is because right now 17Z is not archived. Only the 00, 06, 12 and 18Z weather. Any other times will produce the closest archive time.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Popart

Thanks Jim,Clear as always, any change in future more weather UTC times will be archived?