Sign in to follow this  
Guest speight

severe frame rate hits during weather update

Jim, I will try what you suggested, but I have always had this problem, and have been using AS for well over a year. That is why at one time I changed the the update interval to 50 minutes, so it would be less noticeable. And since in real life the weather reports from weather stations are only changed once an hour, it worked for me. But trying to get Force Destination Wx to work, it was suggested to put back to 5 or 10 minute updates, and it has become more of a "pain" again!Rick

Guest speight

Have just put in latest version fsuipc and will see how it goes.

Guest speight

Sorry, I said quite mistakenly, that the hit was during update, well it is actually during the download. I just tried it again en route Lisbon to Manchester in the LD 767 and it hits the fps to 3 for a short period of around 6 seconds during the download. During the write, the fps are normal again.(BTW, I am on BB 712)

Guest speight

I'm using Panda Platinum Internet Security Jim and as said before, even with it and the firewall off, the hit still occurs.My machine is fully updated with all updates and registered latest fsuipc, fs9+1, SP2, wind update. I defrag every week along with full antivirus scan. My mb is one of the new dual channel things and I am running a P4 and an Intel chipset. I get pretty good fps with Pmdg and Ld with most sliders set med to high. Anti alias is off and mips are set at 3. I usually get 15 to 35 fps on the heaviest add ons.You don't suspect it might be something to do with your server by any chance do you?Tell you what, I'll do a test using a default aircraft and AS to see if it whacks that as well. I'll get back tomorrow or Tues.

Guest speight

"Tell you what, I'll do a test using a default aircraft and AS to see if it whacks that as well. I'll get back tomorrow or Tues":Did it with default 737 and was getting fps of 40-50, during AS d/load, it dropped to 1.5fps for about 11 seconds!"Have we tried a uninstall and reinstall of AS and FSUIPC?":I'll need to try this when I get chance.

Jim:I wonder if many folks have just chosen to remain silent, rather than jumping in with a "me too" response? I've seen this phenomenon over several builds and FSUIPC versions. Most often it passes unnoticed, especially on long haul, level flight on autopilot. The only problem arises if you experience it in a "high stress" situation such as on short final to a manual landing using a complex panel and scenery. I've got a relatively high-end machine and have all the "right" settings, but have chosen to consider it a relatively minor irritant overwhelmingly offset by the terrific weather environment furnished by AS2004.Jerry PostKORF

Guest speight

Just downloaded, installed and tested the latest beta update.First observations show a marked improvement during downloads and writes.Fps are now only getting hit to 7-14 for a short period, about 10 secs, much better than before!