Sign in to follow this  
Guest easttenndoc

Activesky2004.5 Update.msi not found

Guest easttenndoc

Hey guys,I just downloaded Build 175 and tried to install it. When I click the button to install, the progress bar advances about 2/3 of the way and then stops and says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." The file it is looking for is Activesky2004.5 Update.msi. When I manually enter in the location of the file "C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorLocal SettingsTemp_is86" where the file is indeed located (I verified this to be sure, and it IS there), it then gives me error message 1714, something to the effect that an older update of ActiveSky cannot be removed and then terminates the installation.How to fix?

Guest easttenndoc

Still no dice. I can't uninstall the program without getting the exact same error message as described above, and manually deleting the files and reinstalling from scratch also results in the same error being returned. I ran RegCleaner and found no problems. In RegEdit, the entry for ActiveSky is there and appears to be pointing to the correct directory. I'm really puzzled. I guess I'll just have to stick with Build 147 for now.

HI, I got this error before, I have used Windows Installer CleanUp Utility: -Only remove related to active sky (NOT others or select all). -After re-installed active sky and the update, works perfectly!http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...Ben-us%3B290301ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest easttenndoc

You're a lifesaver Chris! Installer CleanUp worked flawlessly and everything installed perfectly. Build 175 is now up and running!Thanks a million! Now if I could just get my hands around the neck of the little pin-head who wrote the virus code that screwed up my registry in the first place...Bwahahahaha! :-mad