OK, SB3 is just around the corner.I am sure that a number of beta folk have been using AS & SB3 for some time.1) What are the correct settings to get these programs working together to give us the best weather rendering?2) To the developers, is there any plan to create a SB3 weather plugin, as per their SDk?* Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest Skrypuchvirtual.united.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Hi Orest,We've been busy with our own new release, but we have looked at the SDK details and plan some integration in the future. Currently we don't see any problem running SB3 with AS.Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest DZollner

I flew from Anchorage to San Francisco last night with SB3 and AS and didn't encounter any problems whatsoever. They worked fine together.

>I flew from Anchorage to San Francisco last night with SB3>and AS and didn't encounter any problems whatsoever. They>worked fine together.Hi Fellow Simmers.I also did a flight using A.S. and noticed on Departure the sound became broken and after several minutes it went away for the duration of the flight until I commenced my approach and again the sound including engines, and voice again broke up.I then did two flights without A.S. using the default SB weather, and sound was 5X5 during entire flight and the FPS remained near 20FPS.I forgot to mention that the FPS also dropped considerably with A.S.I havn't had a chance to test more flights with A.S. wondering if anyone else had similar results.Take CareKenny G.

Hi Kenny,SB weather is much less complex and not using fs9 station-based data. So it is not a good comparison. But it does show that your cloud settings are probably a bit too high to handle everything and give you smooth audio playback too. You might want to turn down some sliders when lots of weather is around.Also, try running dxdiag (you run it from Start, Run, type "dxdiag" without the quotes, hit enter) and turn down your sound acceleration setting. This has helped a few users with audio troubles.Let us know if that helps...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

All you have to do btw is disable SB3's built in weather in the options and set AS2004.5 to use VATSIM METARs instead of the up to the minute ones - works flawlessly.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi.So if I'm getting correctly, I must check in AS2004 options menu ONLINE UPDATES and VATSIM ONLINE WEATHER, and uncheck in SB3 options menu "Enable SB3 weather control. Now AS2004 using VAT SIM data for generating weather instead of HIFI server. Is it correct.ThanksEdin

HiAfter little experiment with AS2004 and SB3 I'm confused.I load FS2004 for example at LDZA. After that I run SB3 with settings described in above post. Then I run AS2004 (with settings described in above post). Why AS2004 downloading weather from HiFi server???. After completing download METAR is: LDZA 292200....But after SB3 connecting, If I enter command line .metar LDZA it said different METAR: 292100..... (I checked with ServInfo, and this is VATSIM weather). Also if I tune 122.00 (Flight Watch), it said METAR from HIFI server ( comand line in SB3 said VATSIM weather). Which weather I have :-)Please describe correct procedure If I want to use AS2004 instead of default SB3 weatherThanksEdin