Sign in to follow this  
cx822

order of startup help needed

Hi guys,I'm just wondering what would be the best way to start up activesky and FS9 so that once i have the airport loaded all the weather would be loaded especially the wind as this determines the runway in use. Sometimes when the wind is loaded for example on an airfield with runway 16/34 the winds at first was 300 so obviously atc would choose active rwy to be 34 then when activesky loads the weather into FS9 the winds become 170 then active rwy should become 16 but FS9 doesn't change react to the change.thanks~EIen

Hi,Start FS and go to departure airport.Clear weather using FSUIPC.Start AS and let it load the new weather.Here is the kicker part: you need to now refresh the AI traffic/ATIS system in FS. You can do this by: moving the FS internal clock by a minute or adjusting the AI traffic %age.Yes we know this is a pain and yes we are aware that FSUIPC can do this and yes there are those who have made suggestions in this area. This is NOT directed to you, but to those who are going to come along to add to this thread.Once you get this down it takes about a minute and works very well!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Yes I'll give it a try thanks for the helpEien

Something that I've done now for the last few months is download the Static FS weather then go ahead and clear your weather and start up AS. Seems to work for me, just a suggestion though.

Actually, you do not need to adjust by a minute. Just go to time & day menu....press OK, and FS will reload traffic without adjusting time by a minute......works perfectly every time!!Rick