Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

New Version of ActiveSky - In Final Development!

I like current ActiveRadar, will you include current version 1.2 in ASV5? If not, will I be able to use it somehow with ASV5?Thanks

Jim, I posted this about two weeks ago, never did hear from Chris. Do you know anything about this?Damian and ChrisOne the of the nice features of FSW for 2004 are the high performance cloud set. I do like the dynamic feature proposed for ASV, but I am curious how much of a hit will the new cloud sets have on performance and will be there be an option in ASV for perfomance cloud types?This really sounds like a great project, and look forward to upgrading my AS4.5. BTW, build 182 is working just flawless for me now.CheersBob

Thanks Chris for the reply, I really like the current FSW clouds performance, has really helped me in "heavy" weather. You mentioned in your post about a "weather setting", what is that and what does it do for performance.Keep the great work guys really outstanding.Bob

>I like current ActiveRadar, will you include current version>1.2 in ASV5? If not, will I be able to use it somehow with>ASV5?>>ThanksHi Jack, Active Radar from Active Sky will be in ASV5.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest canyonblue737

I bought 4.5 two days ago, AFTER you made this announcement. Are you going to make a free upgrade for those of us who purchased 4.5 while knowing 5.0 was right around the corner?Thanks...

Hi Dave,ASV is a new program and not an upgrade. Are you asking that for anyone who purchased AS4.5 after the announcement of ASV should get ASV for free? That would mean you would get 2 programs and pay for one. Or should we offer a discount for all AS2004 users no matter when they purchased? Which way is fair for everyone?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest flight

Fair or preferable? Careful how you answer this one!

Guest espaeth

>That would mean you would get 2>programs and pay for one. Or should we offer a discount for>all AS2004 users no matter when they purchased? Which way is>fair for everyone?The best approach for the consumer is to offer a graduated upgrade pricing scale. If I bought AS2004.5 in March, I will have had substantially less "run time" for my dollar than someone who purchased last November. I agree the upgrade shouldn't necessarily be free; when you buy AS2004.5 you get to use it right now today, and that has a value associated with it.Would it be feasible to email people from your customer list a coupon based on when they purchased the product? For example if you bought 2-4 months ago you get 20% off the regular upgrade price, and 0-2 months ago you get 40% off. I understand there would be a non-trivial amount of effort required from HiFi to put that structure together, and if it would "cost" too much in terms of resources then maybe it's not a good idea.Don't get me wrong -- I want you guys to make a profit. It's in all of our best interest that you are well compensated so that you stay motivated to continue development on this fine product. It would just be nice if the folks that still have a fresh charge for AS2004.5 on their credit card didn't have to fork over the same cash as someone who has received 16+ months of ActiveSky enjoyment (16 mos being AS2004 w/ free upgrade to AS2004.5).Eric

Hi All,First of all thanks for the suggestions. We really do care what users think and your ideas. Sorry to say, but the "old can of worms" from our transition from wxRE to AS2004 is starting to rear it's head again. There are limitations to our customer database and the actual purchase procedures are not in place. I suggest that we wait to see what the final structure will be.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

I am in the same situation with Radar Contact. I bought the present version knowing that a new one is on its ways for this summer.But I bought it anyhow and I am in the learning curve right now. I made that decision knowing the situation. So I have no complains about a pay "upgrade".Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Guest rnj slinger

Can't wait, and i will pay, you are working for it, and when you ask something on this forum you get a reply.Keep up the good work. by the way, almost 1 week past, since the announcement.Rick KLM027

Guest Sunny9850

I am standing by credit card at the ready....I would not even dream of starting the sim without AS running on the networked PC...;-)One thing I would like to see carried over if at all possible would be the export feature into FlightMax...I know I am probably the only dinosaur out there still hanging on to that software but I just love having all that radar stuff happening on my No2 PC.If the old has to go to make room for the new however it would certainly not stop me from moving on to V