Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

New Version of ActiveSky - In Final Development!

Hi All,Since Damian is offline for couple of days I will try answer question:""Question: What about any news on FS10 and whether it will have advanced weather, if it's even in development?""These official news will be available on major flight sim when Ms will be ready, and even from those know, they are in are NDA.In My case, I don't expect the release of FS10 in 2006. Lou Betti talked about these on the others forum site too.Buying Procedure -Upgrade price from the existant "ActiveSky" user's. -New users will have another price.-Another Option to buy it ( still to be confirmed)HolgerFirst thank you for your incredible contribution to the Msfs addon, they are top notch!Clouds are completly differents compare fsw2004 they don't look the same, There is selectable edge type, map, variationdata and more to be announced. There is new stuff (not available fsw2004). ALL texture came with a AE interface built in ASV (no more need to swithclose open external program interface at the same time) with many option from user's choice.New option to change the weather rendering with ASV and new feature. As well about fog, overcast, stratus etc.We are still working on this, more details will be revealed soon. ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest aca_dia

That is where I fit in. I started with version 4.5 in December. Most of my AS time has been spent trouble shooting overcast problems. 4 months and I have spent more time testing than just using the product. Don

Guest flight

Way to go you weather wizards!I have been hoping for a weather program that would combine all three (FSUIPC, FSSkyworld, Active Sky). There's no reason in my mind not to purchase it when it's complete. Chris, your textures, and Pete's relentless changing of FSUIPC to get things working better, combined w/ Active Sky has really given my flight simming a boost. Kudos to all of you. Looking forward to the release.(I knew something was up...and I knew you had some better clouds up your sleeve Chris).

Hi,i just can say i'm a AS2004 first hour owner and i'm very happy with it and i never saw another product that was that often updated with new features and technics and had that good support.I'm happy with it and will buy AS5 for sure, price does not matter to me. Damian simply deservers it.best regardsjanosch

Hi Chris,thanks for getting back so quickly and detailed and thanks also for the nice words - likewise ;-)The cloud updates sound great and it really looks as if AS V5 will be a no-brainer to get. Great team work!Cheers, Holger

Guest mgerner

I bought AS also at a relatively early stage of it's development - and it has become a MUST for me (like PM software and Pete Dowson's programs). I'm pretty sure I'll buy AS V the day it is available...:)

I am VERY interested in an upgrade price as I just purchase 4.5 two weeks ago. Thanks.Bob.....

I think I will wait to see how well it really works and how much the upgrade price is. I like and use AS2004.5, but there is only so much money I can allocate for flight simming. My question - will they continue to support version 4.5, or is it upgrade or you're out of luck? The new version sounds like it has some excellent features, but will we need a supercomputer to use them?Dale

Dale

Guest Erups

Great news!Finally something more complex, with lots of new features enriching the already rich weather scene!

Guest rabbitcancer

Glad to hear about the upgrade price - if it's reasonable, I will upgrade for sure.

Hello Chris,Welcome to Active Sky! No one else in the Flight Sim community could make a better partner for Damian & Active Sky!After reading about the simulated updrafts, ridge effects, etc., I assume this will make VFR flying in the mountains a whole new experience. Looking forward to being bounced about the cockpit (while I sit peacefully in front of my monitor).Thanks for all the enjoyment your efforts have already given to the Sim community!JackD

Greetings all!Glad to see the new version of ActiveSky. However, I'm wondering if any of the wind problems have been addressed in it? I still have severe wind direction/velocity changes no matter what altitude I fly at. The barometric pressures changes severely in a short period (we're talking seconds) also.I've searched all the threads on this forum and tried all the tips/tricks, but nothing seems to alleviate the problem. If the new version addresses these issues, I'll happily purchase it. If not, I'll just stick with what I have.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest pilot_guru

>I was a member of the wxRE beta team and>really enjoyed it....Great to see you around again Ken - I remember you from the WxRE beta testing group!!From WxRE to AS2004 and now AS5 just about on our door step!! Exciting times for that added realism in FS9. Damian never ceases to amaze me - he's always at it, pushing the bounds that little bit further.Great to see Chris Willis has now teamed up with Damian to give us a 'Rolls Royce' edition of AS. How much better can things get?I have enjoyed every minute of AS2004 and look forward to AS5.Davidbeta tester WxRE - AS - AS2004

Hello Chris and Welcome:I operate with RenderTopTexture off because of panel issues. As you have in your own projects, will there be an option to use cloud texture types?