Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

Coming AE, FSW and the likes: cloud types

Guest Erups

I have always used AS and FSW but i do feel there is something i don't grasp.Why have 300 types of clouds if they can't be switched on-the-fly?Only way of using all that many textures is choose a set before starting FS.But in my idea of simulation, the cloud type i encounter depends on the weather in that particular zone, and not on my mood before starting the flight.So why this enormous choice of clouds?Should i always have a look at weather.com sat images and choose the necessary set?What do you guys that use the sets do?

Chris Willis commented about that in his recent reply in the pinned thread at the forum head.

Guest flight

I just choose random, and what I get, I get.

Guest Erups

>Chris Willis commented about that in his recent reply in the>pinned thread at the forum head.Clouds are completly differents compare fsw2004 they don't look the same, There is selectable edge type, map, variationdata and more to be announced. There is new stuff (not available fsw2004). ALL texture came with a AE interface built in ASV (no more need to swithclose open external program interface at the same time) with many option from user's choice.New option to change the weather rendering with ASV and new feature. As well about fog, overcast, stratus etc.We are still working on this, more details will be revealed soon. This is the only relevant thing wrote by Chris Willis that could have something to do with my problem...But what does it have to do with it?I don't understand what should i take from these words :(

Hi Claudio,It's not clouds type but texture it is differents, All clouds type are controllled in ASV and they do change during the flight which are improved in this version, which can't done from "external batch utility" like ex: fsw2004 style interface. In addition, new logic to better depict realistic overcast, fog, cirrus, stratus.Asv will able to take care about texture and misc without you do anything, from various option or by the manual clicking, including Intelligent environment selection system to provide matched weatherscape variations influenced by the departure weather conditions. ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Erups

>It's not clouds type but texture it is differents, All clouds>type are controllled in ASV and they do change during the>flight which are improved in this version, which can't done>from "external batch utility" like ex: fsw2004 style>interface. In addition, new logic to better depict realistic>overcast, fog, cirrus, stratus.By "cloud types" i intended "different textures" ;)Anyway all this makes me happy as i did not like the FSW method of choosing the clouds before the flight.Thank you for the clarification.