Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Is the ActiveSky licence Key tied to the machine?

I have never used Active Sky..but I just spent some time looking at the pictures and looks real good. I also glanzed through their documentation. Now I would like the purchase this. .and I have a Q.would the licence be tied to machine? or would it be like most other payware from Flight 1?One more Q. If we use WideFS, (two or three pcs) would Active Sky support such a setup?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Erups

>would the licence be tied to machine? or would it be like most>other payware from Flight 1?>>One more Q. If we use WideFS, (two or three pcs) would Active>Sky support such a setup?As far as i know, AS is distributed by Simmarket and other software vending sites, without any kind of machine dependent key protection.The key is unique for each buyer and is used to validate the accesses to the HifiSim weather serving network.AS is also fully nettable via widefs (as far as i know).Please notice that i am not an official of HifiSim.

Hi Claudio has it right! Thanks Claudio...To recap.. the license is built into the server access method. You can use on WideFS without problem. You can even change between machines without needing to re-key or re-register.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks guys...I really meant to ask about Wideview. (But its good to know about WideFS) as well.If I install it on two PC's linked using Wideview.. would it show same or similar weather on both the monitors.. assuming one computer is for the front view and the other for the front left view.

Manny

Guest Erups

>would it>show same or similar weather on both the monitors.. assuming>one computer is for the front view and the other for the front>left view.Absolutely not.As single cloud generation is handled by FS internal engine with lots of dark and mystic formulae, AS cannot control it.So the passed data and parameters would be the same, but there is nothing to link cloud type,shape and position on both computers to be the same.This is for AS2004.5 don't know if future programs/version will benefit from any new discovery yet to be announced.And again this is not official, just what i know as a happy user :)

Oh..I didn't expect same cloud shapes... Atleast similar weather is all.Thanks a lot..I think.. I going to try this out.:)

Manny