Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Check it out

Dont know if this link has been posted before or not, but the site seems to have been update within the last few months, and although it looks really rough around the edges, its kind of interesting.....http://www.flightgear.org/Craig

hmmm you gotta be kidding? Its not that impressive at all. Pretty large step back in time for the graphics too.Hornit

Its freeware and give it a few years like Linux it will come of age!!

Well Im sorry Hornit, but just exactly what is it that you were expecting? You sound like a typical MS yuppie.Craig

Well Im not a MS yuppie...far from it. It just isn't in the same league, thats fairly obvious. I will look at it in the future, but they have a long way to go at this point by the looks of the shots. Everything is pretty crude. I'm thinking 1996 graphics there. Reminds me of Hornet Korea from Graphsim, and that came out around then I believe.I may even download it and try it out! Please don't call me a MS Yuppie again...yuk! :)Hornit

I apologize Hornit, I usually dont resort to calling people names, but this sim has the opportunity to be chock full of features. If I read correctly, the virtual pits are already clickable and although the default terrain looks fairly nasty, I think it will mature quickly...looks like they are updating it on a very regular basis. Tried to download it last night, but couldnt get anything other than file/page not available.Craig