Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagletail

ActiveSky and Level-D conflicts?

Guest Eagletail

Is anyone else experiencing problems using AP and ActiveSky while flying the new Level-D 767s from Flight1? There seems to be a lot of chatter in their support forum indicating that ActiveSky is part of the reason behind AP-related crashes while flying. What's the truth here? I just purchased the LD 767 package, and I can confirm that it IS easier to lose control of the AP while using ActiveSky, but I don't know why. Are you wonderful guys at ActiveSky in dialog with the LD 767 representatives on this matter? I want very much to be able continue using both while simming! Thanks for any help or suggestions. :)

Guest Mark McG

During all of my time Beta Testing both the LDS 767 and Active SKY, I have yet to encounter any of the reported problems between AS and the LDS 767.

Guest Mark McG

//AS2004.5 configuration file B174[General]WindowPosX = 105WindowPosY = 105DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 0AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsMcGMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files

Guest Mark McG

[General]WindSmoothing=YesAutoTaxiWind=NoPropTaxiWind=NoTimeSetMode=PartialWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=0UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=YesWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=NoExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchSimApAlt=YesDisconnTrimForAP=NoZeroElevForAPAlt=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=YesWindSmoothness=-5SmoothPressure=YesPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0MaximumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0MaximumVisibilityRainy=0OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoShowPMcontrols=NoMagicBattery=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=YesElevatorSpikeRemoval=YesAileronSpikeRemoval=YesReversedElevatorTrim=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=NoSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000MaxIce=3WindSmoothingDelay=0WindSmoothAirborneOnly=NoVisSmoothingDelay=0VisSmoothAirborneOnly=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoSpoilerIncrement=512ShortAircraftNameOk=NoTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=YesWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesTimeForSelect=4MainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0CowlFlaps1Control=0CowlFlaps2Control=0CowlFlaps3Control=0CowlFlaps4Control=0SlopeAileron=0SlopeElevator=0SlopeRudder=0

Guest Mark McG

Ok,I've posted my AS and FSUIPC INI files for you to have a look at. I have a registered version of FSUIPC - this provides for enhanced winds aloft smoothing. The Autothrottle may lose/gain a few knots of speed if you are using an unregistered version when wind shifts occur. There have been a few users of the LDS767 who have been reporting that when using the 767, AS and the FSW clouds package that they are getting a CTD - uninstalling the FSW clouds package has cleared up this problem for them. The other issue that has been reported is the panel blinks when using AS. This is solved by IIRC unchecking the Render to Texture box in the FS Hardware Display settings.

Guest mkuebeler

I had read that there may be an AP issue related to third-party programs that pause FS9, such as Radar Contact which can be set to pause the sim at some distance from the destination. This would cause the AP to go haywire or something. I don't think ActiveSky ever pauses the sim. I've only flown one flight with the LDS767 so far, but I had both AS2005.4 and Radar Contact running throughout, and had no problems. Mark Kuebeler

Guest Eagletail

>I have a registered version of FSUIPC - this provides for>enhanced winds aloft smoothing. The Autothrottle may lose/gain>a few knots of speed if you are using an unregistered version>when wind shifts occur. >>There have been a few users of the LDS767 who have been>reporting that when using the 767, AS and the FSW clouds>package that they are getting a CTD - uninstalling the FSW>clouds package has cleared up this problem for them. Wonderful, thank you very much! I will take a look at my AS and FSUIPC files when I get home today. There is one thing I discovered after having searched Level-D's support forum. According to this, one should uncheck

Guest Mark McG

Hard call to make - I suppose it comes down to if you need some of the extra features that the registered version has. If AS and FS work well for you at the moment then I would stick with what you have. If you want stuff like control spike elimination, more wind smoothing etc then it may be worth getting.