Hello guys! Just got your new activesky and it rocks. It's the first time I've used it and I've been missing out!I'd like to know if wether ActiveSky can work in conjunction with IVAO's pilot client, the newly released Ivap, in the same way that it can work with VATSIM. I love both organisations - they both have their upsides and downsides - and I'd love to be able to use AS with both of them. Thanks for the help! Cheers, Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Mark McG

Victor,I believe that IVAO do not allow 3rd party weather programmes to access their weather data.

Hi, "I believe that IVAO do not allow 3rd party weather programmes to access their weather data."According to them not possible in commercial, the problems is, fsmeteo use IVAO, I am confused.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Mark McG

Hi Chris,thanks for clarifying that - I need to speak with you about something, I'll post a message for you on the AS Beta forum.

Hi guys. thanks for the replies. BTW I just tried making ActiveSky work with IVAO and I guess it did. I flew from SBRJ to SBSP and let ActiveSky handle the weather. Apparently AS was able to override any weather input form the IVAO servers because the weather I got for the flight (origin enroute and dest) was consistent with the Wx briefing from AS. I think the only problem I'll have is when IVAO METARs and HI-FI METARs are not synchronized.Regards, Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Erups

Ivao does not allow payware external programs to access its servers (or it thinks it doesn't allow, i didn't know about fsmeteo... it shouldn't be possible, maybe it's a somewhat illegal thing using a servinfo-like access?? don't know) but disabling ivao meteo (in SB or in Ivap) you can use AS.I always do this and i usually don't have that much of a discrepancy.

Guest martyleach

Hi..my two cents..I've found the best setup for this is follows :-Under IVAP, disable the weather feed.Under ActiveSky, only tick the 'online updates' bit. Disable vatsim updates, and don't use TAF processing. Basically, the defaults should work well.I could be wrong here, but it appears both Ivao and Activesky retrieve their metars from the same place, which is using the information from weather.noaa.govBest way to check is to compare the metars for one airport in both ActiveSky and Ivap. They very rarely differ.To avoid any confusion, it's worth adding the comment of 'Activesky' in your flightplan remarks.Hope this helps,

Guest Erups

>I could be wrong here, but it appears both Ivao and Activesky>retrieve their metars from the same placeAbsolutely not.Maybe the main source is the same (ie noaa) but not the weather serving server: ivao has its own while HifiSim has its own network.

Actually HiFi Datanet uses several sources (in different categories: METAR, TAF, aloft). It then takes the latest valid report available (there are many duplicates between sources). But pretty much all sources do the same thing: They retrieve the reports from the "main" world-wide output system or a collection server somewhere else down the line. The source data is always the same, and most of the time, assuming each program is doing its job of getting as up to date weather provided as possible, they will all match most of the time.From what our users tell us, AS updates weather faster than other networks including VATSIM/IVAO. This is probably due to the fact that we can poll a majority of weather fairly close to the "main" system and our server is optimized to process and make wx available as quickly as possible. When AS is updating quicker, this is where possible discrepancies between pilot/controller weather can occur. In the end, most users report 99%+ consistency, so it really is not an issue. Even if the wx report did change, and the AS pilot has this newer wx depicted while the controller shows older wx, it rarely differs enough to make any kind of noticeable problem.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest 320MAD

Hi there,I have been flying with IVAO for a whils (FC VID 167717) and have always used active sky. I turn the IVAP weather feeds off!