Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Why is it that when I use ActiveSky4.5 in Hawaii, I get steady pauses?

I have avoided AS4.5 in my Hawaiin flights because there is a steady pause, about every 8-9 seconds without fail, whenever I fly there. Does not happen anywhere in the continental US or Alaska. Any thing I can fix for this, or what do you recommend?Thanks,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest pilot_guru

Noel, is this happening with a particular plane or just any aircraft?Is the Hawaii scenery standard or add-on?Which build of AS2004.5 are you using? Which version of FSUICP?Dave

Well, I've tried two diff planes and it occurs. I had the latest build of 4.5 before the current beta, which I just installed. I had the most recent FSUIPC before the latest version that comes with the beta build of 4.5 now. I haven't retested, so I will and report back here.The Hawaiin scenery is FSGenesis mesh, landclass, plus American Data roads. I use these products in the rest of the US as well. Further, when I unload AS weather, the hesitation completely disappears, and when I restart AS, it resumes.Thanks,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest pilot_guru

hi Noel,I am not familiar with the scenery you are using. But, is the Hawaiin scenery more complex in nature than other parts of the world that you fly?I have seen this situation in another program that I have beta tested, with pauses/hestitations. With complex scenery, weather writes/re-writes, cloud re-writes, tremendous strain is placed on the graphics card with a huge amount of data needing to be written to produce what you see on the screen. I found that by reducing the scenery setting and cloud sliders back a bit resolved the problem, along with updated (latest version) graphics drivers.As a test, try reducing your scenery and cloud settings a little and see (if any) what difference it makes.Run the latest version of FSUIPC as well as the latest AS2004.5Dave

I will give that a try, but I have to say what distinguishes this behavior is the fact it is completely rhythmic or steady. It would seem to me that the various things you mention that lead to "tremendous strain" are several things put together, and that it would be hard to imagine all those random, disconnected stresses would lead to evenly spaced pauses of the same duration. Noel

Noel

Guest pilot_guru

Hi Noel,I have asked Damian to have a look at your post to see if he can help you. I am fresh out of solutions, sorry I couldn't have been of more help.Dave