Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ruahrc

A suggestion for ASV (And Also AS2004.5?)

Guest Ruahrc

When downloading archive weather- there is a blank for year, month, day, and time in UTC hours. I think it would be nice to have some feature such as in the AS preferences you set your local time zone, and then so when you download archive weather you can simply insert the desired local time- and not have to convert to UTC hours. Or conversely just re-work the dialog box for downloading archive weather so you can select any time zone and then enter the desired local time for that time zone.This seems like something that would take minimal effort to implement (it should just be a simple calculation to figure out the offset to the UTC hour download, which AS can then submit to the online servers for download)- and can be easily worked into the upcoming ASV and hopefully even put into AS2004.5's next upgrade as not to abandon current users?I know the professional airline industry operates around UTC so myabe I should just suck it up and learn to convert better- but it would be a nice convenience to have this feature for when I just want to take a leisurely flight in the bush.Ruahrc

Guest Ruahrc

Anybody??? Hard to believe that this post is virtually the only one in 4 pages with 0 replies! :)

Hi,I thought you were going to "learn to convert better"!! All the data is based on UTC. With ASV, hourly archives are going to be possible. For AS2004.5 the code has been set and no more new features are going to be added, only fixes if major bugs come up. In a way AS does this by showing you your Time Conversion Value. Just add or subtract that value from UTC.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Ruahrc

Learning but still would like that convenience! :)I can understand not putting it into AS2004.5 given you have already announced ASV (Although it really would take a very minimal amount of programming... ;)) How about incporporating it into ASV? Even though the weather server would (?) work in UTC, converting the desired local time to UTC can be done within the ASV application prior to requesting data from the weather server.Ruahrc