Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyDAVIES

Old Weather Loaded

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi GuysI have been using activesky since the begining and am very pleased with it, great job. However after a recent reinstall of the original I bought and then upgrading with build 182 I now have a problem.I start up FS2004Place myself at the gateClear weather with FSUIPC 3.47Start AS2004.5Now what I get is the weather for the previous time I was flying. Days previously. example I start AS2004.5 at 052300z and recieve weather for 022250 which was the last time I flew.Also I have just completed a four hour flight and the weather data did not update, my destination wx was 052230Z on departure, 4 hours later it was still 052230z. Online updates are ticked.This is the first problem I have ever encountered with this program, any ideas? am I doing something wrong?For me to recieve the current wx I have to start everything up then shutdown, restart the pc then using the steps above again it works.I have tried a reinstall with default settings same problem.HelpTony

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi PatrickYes System time is checked. This is driving me mad. Just started up FS2004 at 0700Z and AS2004.5 loads wx for 0250Z which was the time I last closed the as2004.5 connection and shut down FS. ahhhhhhhThnxTony

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi PatrickAutomatic Timezone Detection is checked Time Conversion Value = 1 I am based in the UK.I have tried with default options also.The only changes to my system lately have been the fs9.1 update and installing IVAP. Very StrangeTony

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi JimTo update you I today reinstalled the original AS this time updating with build 175 and FSUIPC 3.45, however I was still getting the problem stated earlier.Start FS2004Go to GateClear wx in FSUIPCStart AS2004.5Result= Current Time 071800Z Active wx 070650 which was the last time I closed AS. This also occurs with normal default settings.Going thru every combination of start up and shutdown of FS2004 and AS The program finally loaded the current weather byStart AS2004.5 (Not in paused mode) AS states FS Disconected and loads the current wxStart FS2004Go to GateAS loads and writes the wx to FSI hope this solves my problem and is not a fluke. Wait another hour and see I suppose. Also when the correct timescale wx is loaded it does now update, I spent 2 hours on the ramp to confirm that.Here are my current settings//AS2004.5 configuration file B175[General]WindowPosX = 7035WindowPosY = 5520DefaultWeatherFolder = E:Flight Simulator 2004ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = FalseUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 1AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = TrueProxyAddress = NONESorry for the long post but as you know debugging is all about having the information available to do so.Many ThanksTony

Hi Tony,Your settings look good. I suggest starting FS04 first, let it load, then start AS. On the other hand, if your procedure works well for you then go ahead and continue to use it. Please let us know how things are working!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi JimI still recieve old not current wx if I start FS04 first then AS. However starting AS first then FS04 the current wx is loaded time after time. I will stick with this working method and continue to enjoy this wonderful software.Many thanksTony

Hi Tony,Are you indeed waiting the 2-5 minutes for the initial wx update to complete? When AS is loaded after FS it is doing lots at once including a full online update followed by processing followed by station writes. If you instead load AS first, it will do an online download then wait for the FS connection, at which time it will update. You can't compare until all updates are done. It should not be failing to update when AS is loaded first! Can you confirm you are waiting for the update to complete (confirmed with the message in AS) ?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi DamienYes I am waiting the 2-5 minutes for the initial wx update to complete when AS is loaded after FS. It initialises,downloads, writes the file to disk, starts writing station wx then when that is complete AS states Online weather update complete and I have the not current wx in AS and FS. A refresh after 5 or 10 mins also changes nothing. Still old wx.Starting AS first tho is ok as you say, it should not be failing to update when AS is loaded first, and it doesnt fail. Always the current wx and obviously it is quicker this way as FS has yet to hog all the resources.To start FS first then AS I get old wx from the previous time AS was started and it never updates. wx 072350Z at start, still 072350Z after 2 hours.ThanksTony

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi guysI have just installed the latest build to see if it would solve the problem of old wx being displayed. It doesnt The program always displays and implements the old wx. Even if I start AS first. What I find is that the wx-export.met when opened and viewed holds the current wx that has just been downloaded. The file export_data.rad contains the old wx. As displays the old wx if I start it first or after FS. Gone back to build 174.RegardsTony

Hi Tony,This is a tough one and we don't have anyone else with this issue. I'll explain what those files are and see if that helps. The wx-export.met file is generated for any third party program that needs a .met file such as FlightMax. The export-data.rad file contains the weather data that Active Radar uses when it is running. Both files should be updated everytime AS starts and updates its weather. The file AS reads is the current_weather_snapshot file. Does that file get updated? Something on your system is not allowing this file to be updated.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi JimThank you for your patience with this. So I am the only one with this problem, oh great, yippee, ok....>The export-data.rad file contains the weather data that Active Radar >uses when it is running. Both files should be updated everytime AS >starts and updates its weather. YES They do update.>The file AS reads is the current_weather_snapshot file. Does that file get updated? NO it does not update sooooo.It is not an AS bug or problem but definately a PC/XP problem. I remember a few months ago carrying out some testing for CH products concerning thier analogue drivers and XP's failure to install them. The solution I found was to remove two of XP's infamous Hotfixes. I am wondering if that in some way may be causing this problem. I have not updated XP since that time.I will attempt an XP update and see if that changes anything. Its a lond shot but worth a go.Thanks Again for your support and look forward to ASV soon pleaseTony