Sign in to follow this  
Guest bisinchi

Question about wind with AS.

Guest bisinchi

Hi,I'm considering buying AS (I'll probably wait until version 5 is out though if that's not too long away from now!!).Anyway, my question is, how does AS managed wind transition?I am currently using a freeware weather program, but during flight, I have quite noticeable wind changes which happen in very brief periods (massive change of speed, heading). Now, is there anyway to smoothen these wind changes in AS via the menu, like accept of wind changes of 5 degrees per second, or 5kts per second?Or is that an option you change on FSUIPC, then you also need to have a registered version of FSUIPC?Regards,Francois

Hi,Thanks for your interest in our products. There is no timetable set for ASV, but if you choose to wait that is OK!We have worked with Pete and others to make winds as smooth as possible. With the unregistered version of FSUIPC you get the default 5 deg/sec change. With the registered version you can adjust this to your needs. There are a few plane models that are very sensitive to this, but for the most part wind changes are smooth. Be aware though, that the trade off for smooth winds is a bit of a decrease in wind turbulence. This is still present, but not as strong, and you will still get turbulence under the proper conditions.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest bisinchi

Jim,Thanks for your reply.So with FSUIPC, you get the 5deg/sec default value, but then, would you still get winds appearing, say from a heading of 270, then the next second coming from the opposite direction?Also, is there any way to get smooth air temperature transitions in AS? I also get massive (an sudden) changes in temperatures, which impacts greatly on airspeed, is that smoother in anyway in AS?Thanks,Francois

Guest bisinchi

Hi Jim,Thanks for your replies, they sure do help!!Regards,Francois