Sign in to follow this  
Guest 320MAD

B182 Strange Metar

Guest 320MAD

Hi gang,Great work! But ran across a huge problem today. Was flying on-line during the IVAO african tour. Metar was reading CAVOC winds 030/03 NOSIG QNH1014. As I approached the runway (last 20nm) I turned on flight watch and the METAR was amasing!!!!! Vis 0 OVERCAST at 300 FT and the TEMP -50! Thought there was something wrong with Flight Watch so ignored it but it was right the temp was -50. The airport (if it has anything to do with it was FVCZ and the time was 17:10 UTC. Yet in the window the reading was normal as described above. This was the first time this happened with Active Sky and I have been running B182 for about 6 hrs. Other than that seems real stable except for the occasional flat layers of cloud (that seem to have been reduced a lot now). Cheers and keep up the good work... Ohh and one other thing what exactly does the haze layer do? Is it better to set it to off or on?With that said I would like to make a declaration, I have been thinking of purchasing Flight Environment but as soon as the package from you guys is released you have one sale made already. Keep up the good work and thanks for making the sim so much more enjoyable! Screens below taken with AS2004.5 + FS Sky World.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/112446.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/112447.jpg

Guest 320MAD

Hi there,Also forgot to mention that all of the texturing went off i.e. trees were white runway was white. After a reboot all was ok. Is this something that is related to the new build?

Guest 320MAD

Hi and thanks for your reply,Just to let you know I closed AS and then reloaded it at the same airport and all was normal. Seems like a little glitch somewhere but it would be hard to find. Just to ask a question do you have any idea when the new release of AS will be out? I can't wait to get my hands on it. Also I learned of a strange weather occurance called a microburst! Will this be moddled? I know I'm asking a lot but just wondering.

Guest 320MAD

Same problem once again this time on airport FALO. I can't understand what is going on here... Temp reading 0 in the middle of the dessert????? Only happens with build 182 not with other builds. Can I please have an explenation?

Guest 320MAD

Jim HUGE PROBLEMS this is happening at every airport! I can't fly with weather fullstop! I have a valid order number so if this is a security feature it's not working properly please advise on the steps to take from here as AS is un useable!

Hi,I have let Damian know and he has already responded. He is running some tests and will respond in time. I will try some flights a bit later. I can suggest you do a uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps. We'll get this worked out, just give us some time! Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest 320MAD

Roger,Sorry for the little rant it's not the first time you have helped me out... I have un installed and reinstalled and tried this out with all versions... including 2004 orriginal still the same I even installed to a different directory...Any ideas? Nothing has changed and this went on from a flight I did yesterday... And believe me I don't want to use IVAP weather...

Guest 320MAD

Once again for a little more info it seems to be that flight watch and the metar I see written down are different! Wind direction is close QNH is ok temp is off:LMML 111945Z 20011KT 160V240 CAVOK 13/08 Q1012 TEMPO 9000 BKN015

Guest 320MAD

I just ran it again lmml - lirf:lmml:LMML 112045Z 20009KT 170V240 CAVOK 13/08 Q1012 winds are 1 degree off. in flight watch. nothing mentioned in about the varying winds.lirf:LIRF 112015Z 05011KT 020V110 9999 FEW018 SCT030 09/06 Q1011 NOSIGwinds at 11 kts were read as calm... vis is at 19 in flight watch is this normal?I'm testing this out now...

Hi,What I saw tonight is that sometimes it took FW a second read to get all the data correct. FW is something we have not touched even after all our updates. Example is the 9999 vis. I don't think FW knows what to do with that value. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest 320MAD

Hi Jim,Thanks for the explenation. Listen I also noticed that in some cases the METAR straam has /////// in it. I'm assuming that this is where metar data is not available? I also noticed that when the wind is variable e.g. 290V020 that flight watch doesn't mention it. As for the forcasts being wrong I found that if the metar string says one thing and flight watch says another that FS will dipict the weather that flight watch states is correct. I think that there is something gone hay-wire here just hope you guys can manage to find it.