Sign in to follow this  
Guest 320MAD

Some comments

Guest 320MAD

Hi Jim,Small comment don't you guys think things are a little out of hand when a p4 3 gig with a gig of ram and an x800 pro is struggling with the frames? For example to set the cloud layers to three I might as well use the standard weather of FS (no offence of course just me being picky). I for one feel that the could logic or what ever you call it worked better with the lesser volume clouds being seen at FL150 or what ever the old figure was. With build 174 and settings set to max I would push 50 FPS that's with 8 layers active. Now the rates are dismal. Just a suggestion mate if I roll back to the older builds I get near double FPS. I would love to see the FPS settings you guys get during testing and the machines you test on...

Hi There,So what you are saying is that the jump from B174 to 182 has caused a major decrease of your FPS under similar conditions?Anyone else experience this?Sure, I'll post my specs:AMD64 3400512MB RAMATI 9800XT 256MBWinXP SP2No change in my FPS in a long time.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest 320MAD

Hi Jim,As usual you guys are churning out the best product support I have ever seen, I have got a response from you and Damian as well which is just GREAT! Don't take my comments a bad light they are supposed to be constructive but I sometimes come across the wrong way. Back to the above issue. Yes I had a performance hit with the latest build under the SAME conditions i.e. nothing on my pc changed except the AS build. Turning down the vis and cloud density etc did not seem to give me much of an increase in performance. So I did the following:1. Uninstalled AS totally.2. Installed AS.3. Ran the updates up to B174.4. Checked the fps with the following settings:sight distance 70cloud draw 60cloud density maximum, 3d% 100mip-map quality in fs 5AA on card 4x temporalAF on card 16x-> result about 21.9 fps (locked at 22) testing at LICC at around midnight CET it was overcast etc. so good for performance testing by the way was using default AS settings except removed range supression, prevent all icing, haze layer and used 8 cloud layers as I have been doing for some time.5. Left the settings the same and updated to B175 small decrease in FPS using the same METAR info, I lost about 4 fps so this was bareable.6. Updated to B182 -> Great visuals!!! but BOOM 17 fps and at one point it went down to 9.7. Reverted back to B174 and back up to 21.9 at an fps lock of 22.8. Set fps to unlimited and was pushing mid to high 30's with the same metar.9. Reduced the mip-map quality in FS from 5 to 4 and got an extra 3 fps.10. Changed to the latest ATI drivers was on 5.1 now on 5.4 and got another 2 fps on average.So this is the situation. Damian sent me a mail with something I should try and give my feedback on (which I will do) and I guess we will go from there. One thing Jim can you try my settings as outlined above and give a reading of the FPS given to you with the same build. A screen shot would be great. My specs are in my signature.

OK a few more suggestions:Sight distance set to 60AA set to 4X with temporal turned off. Temporal ONLY kicks in at 60FPS which most of us never see.AF set to 4X.On my machine I would get 25-30 I predict, under those same conditions.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg