Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

B192 and transfer speed

Guest Erups

I think that with b192 (i didn't upgrade to the previous two beta versions) the download speed has diminished.It now takes something like about 100secs just to download the data file, then it starts the normal processing.Now my connection is not the problem as it allows a maximum of 220KB/s.It is a very little minor annoyance, but i thought to ask.

Yup, since upgrading to B192, I'm seeing this too! On a 4Mb (downstream) broadband connection, metar downloads used take seconds, now it is taking a minute or two. Used all previous versions (including betas) and this is a first since upgrading to B192.Al

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Same thing here. Its slow enough to see individual numbers as it's counting up to 370K.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

hi all,just installed B192 and can confirm the slow transfer speed...also 4mb dataline here. no transfer speed problem with B182.cheers and thanks,harald

Nope, still have the problem 24 hrs later. I bet my bottom-dollar that if I took the time to reinstall the last build, it would go away. Not too worried though, AS support usually has issues well-in-hand. Looking forward to the development update. Thanks Jim.Al

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I also have a problem with download speed under 192. I decided to role back to 182 and that solved it. no problems with bandwidth (I'm a UK cable user [700Kb]), so I can only assume it's 192 that's the problem.

Guest Erups

>Are you a Comcast customer?I am not, and i still have this behaviour.2mbit line fully operational and i still see KB by KB download.

Hi All,To Comcast users: Comcast has had service issues this week, especially in the evenings. There has been articles in the major Detroit papers reporting such problems as very slow Internet and non-connects. I am a Comcast user and get the same problems.To everyone else: I will drop Damian a line!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Jim,I know about the DNS issues Comcast has experienced recently and have certainly suffered through them myself. I can tell when this is happening with nslookup's and tracert's. From a client-side perspective, my connection was fully-up and operational when experiencing these difficulties with B192. I do however agree that a person could be experiencing both problems simultaniously.v/r,Al

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

hi Jim,i'm leaving in Europe/Austria - no comcast provider here :-)tried again today, still very slow download compared to B182.its not a major issuer, so no rush!cheers and thanks,harald

Guest monsoon

Hi Jim. Not a comcast customer. On a 7Mbps connection and still happens.