Sign in to follow this  

Guest dotcanada

Good day.I just purchased and installed (and used for the first time) ActiveSky 2004.5, and I was extremely impressed. Good jog to the team.I do have a question about the voive ATIS. I switched my comm2 radio to the required frequency (122.00), switch on both comms, and was getting the weather report with no problem. However, when I switched to a different frequency to discontinue ATIS, the voice report kept on going until it was done. Usually, for reality's sake, once you switch the frequency, it should cut out shouldn't it?I also would turn off both coms to deactivate comm2 and just monitor comm1, and ATIS would still keep going (in both male and female voice). Is there something wrong?Thanks.

Guest dotcanada

Then this would be a problem when you're logged onto VATSIM.If you're tuned into a controller, and then wanted to hear ATIS again, then during the time Flightwatch is stating their report, the controller might want to talk to you at the same time. That is why I wanted to monitor ATIS on comm2. But the problem is that presently, it doesn't matter if the 'Both' switch is turned on or off, you'll still hear ATIS. I want, as I'm sure anybody else who is flying on VATSIM, to be able to control the ATIS but cutting it out so I could be able to communicate with the live controller. Please consider this.

Guest jkkuchar

I'll add my vote to consider this also, though it simply may not be possible to cut off the weather report given the way that ASV implements playback on 122.0. I also use 122.0 on VATSIM and occasionally have a conflict with ATC transmissions. I have also noticed that 122.0 plays 2 weather reports, first the nearest station and then the destination. When approaching the destination, it often plays destination weather twice because it's also the nearest station. Would be nice if it was intelligent enough to know not to play the same report 2x. Not that I'm knocking ASV - it's a great program.