Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

How to fly the PSS airbus in FS Navigator??

Just tell me how to fly the PSS airbus on the FS Navigator selected speed, please. Tell me this for the people who can't or want fly the plane with the FMC. What do i have to change in the aircraft file to get what i and others want. Best Regards,

This has been answered a thousand times before.You cannot control the PSS Airbus with FS Nav.Even if you do not use the FMC there is absolutely no need to even attempt to hand the aircraft to FS Nav.Speed select mode.Have you even looked at the manual?

Guest WorkingStiff

hmmm :( Maybe I'm the only person who wishes FS Navigator was never created. I only use it as a moving map; I can never understand why anyone would hand the control of the aircraft to an external program.

Guest tascaso

Hi Stiffy!!!!!!!I agree...its nice to use as a map for reference and only that. ThePSS fmc is a joy to program....!take care and happy holidaysTONY

I think its a confort thing. They know FSNav already and some FMS's can have a steep learning curve. So they like to stay with what they are already confortable with, and use FSNav as an all-in-one tool.I also prefer to use FSNav as a reference tool rather tnan as a Flight planner or a GPS/FMS.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest WorkingStiff

Hi Ernie,I absolutely agree with you; that's the reason I use FSBuild as my flight planner and export the route to FSNav simply to have the graphic representation of the route.How are plans for FSBuild 2 coming along?

Guest WorkingStiff

Tony!!!You left out the 767 PIC FMC....how could you? :-lol Happy holidays to you and yours.

>How are plans for FSBuild 2 coming along?Hi, thanks for asking.We are pretty much in the home stretch now, the Beta team is not finding many bugs, and those that it is finding are in the minor category mostly. There's no guarantee of course but myself and the Beta team are satisfied it is a very stable product now. Mike Bevington was able to create a very accurate FSB2 fuel performance profile for the 767PIC. By tweaking the base numbers Mike was able to tune the performance data to accurately project the performance of the 767PIC aircraft's fuel burn. Fsbuild's projection was only off by less than 2% of what the actual PIC aircraft burned on every waypointm this was for both normal climbs and step climbs. Bolstered by that success we are now trying to do the same now for PSS's A320, and maybe one or two other add-on aircraft if we have time. But generally I am satisfied that users will be able to create accurate fuel burn and performance profiles for their favorite aircraft using either a basic or a detailed fuel performance model.We are considering support to export to the Dash8 about to be released, but that depends on how busy PSS is, since they are normally very busy just after a software title is released I usually don't get that information from them for a while. Its a longshot but we'll try. If not there's always verion 2.1.It looks like the winds aloft support for FSMeteo won't make it in 2.0 as it doesn't look like FSMeteo 5.3 will be released prior to Fsbuild 2.0. But I do intend to add support for it as soon as it becomes available. So right now the only winds aloft support is for SimWx a PS1 weather add-on.Overall I am pleased with it as it stands right now. Its looking like a January release now.Regards.Ernie.http://www.tecpilot.com/users/erniealston/fsb2_features.htm

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest jase439

Why on earth did you buy the Airbus if all you want to do is use the cheesed out FS autopilot?Aiiieee....push button pilots!!!

This will work for almost 100%:- Manualy or automaticaly create a flightplan as usual in FSNavigator. Make sure you select the involved Airbus type in FSNAV, otherwise speeds etc will not match.- Don't forget to add an aditional fix waypoint manualy before the first waypoint. A bug in reading FS2002 flightplans seems to skip the first waypoint. So if you insert a dummy yourself, it will be ignored upon loading in FS2002.- Optional step: Save the flightplan in FSNav format for future use.- Export the FSNav flightplan within FSNav to FS2002 flightplan format.- In the Airbus FMC select import FS2002 plan in the data menu.- Add departure and arrival runways corresponding to the ones you selected in the FSNav flightplan.- Set cruise altitude in the FMC at the same as you did in FSNav.- Optional step: save the flightplan in PSS format in the data menu of the FMC- Perform all regular steps to program the FMC, like cruise alt., weight, fuel etc etc.- Fly the bus as usual, in the 'bus way'.It looks a lot of work, but it can all be done in a few minutes time. I hope I didn't miss a step. Please note that the airbus FMC (not FSNav) will always be controlling the aircraft. So speeds might differ a bit from the ones in the FSNav flightplan. I get usable results with this method.Good luck!

Guest flightpro08
Guest WorkingStiff

<>Ernie,That's very good news; its a pity it wouldn't be ready before Christmas though.