Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwhak1

This is about active sky build 192 I did have the 174 build

Guest jwhak1

I was flying in some thunderstorms tonight.. KSTL..Well the things I noticed in weather differences between the 174 and 192 build were the 192 build was alot more off as far as visibilities and ceiling reports...Some of the areas I was flying in near St. Louis had areas of visibility less than 5 miles and the 192 build was listing them as much as 9 to 10 miles of visibility in them areas also on the NOAA site http://adds.aviationweather.gov/ & another weather site http://www.wunderground.com/US/Region/US/2xpxRadar.htmlthe weather intensities of the storm alot of it on these sites were showing in the red and the yellow and build 192 the hardest rains it listed was blue, and green. And that was the highest build 192 listed. So I decided to go back to the 174 build and try it in those areas it was closer to visibility reports on the NOAA & weather underground wiley reports than 192. And 174 also listed some of the areas that were supposed to be in the red on the radar reports at least in the yellow with some tints of red now and then. I don't know if it was just a timing thing or what. The 174 build also seemed to throw maybe a bit more realistic turbulence to the plane as to what that storm should have been doing. There probably should have been alot more turbulence those storms Early this morning were pretty stout KSTL around 0100-0130. In all actuality I probably would had to divert at points and times. I am just sharing experiences. And I was wondering if anyone else would check up on that stuff and pay close attention. I know the 192 build is still off of the shelf so like I said just sharing what I have been noticing between 174 and 192.Paying attention to detail.I know I should have probably posted this in ActiveSky forum but I am just sharing General discussion on this subject and It does require Flight Sim 2004. Respectfully,

Hi Josh,1. Please post the exact METARs that show the visibilities and ceilings. Then some screenshots from FS04 to show the conditions.2. The Radar in AS is nowhere near the complexity of the NOAA Radar. AR has not been worked on in a long time.3. Turbulence has not been changed.4. B193 has been released for everyone's use!5. Like I wrote to you you before, the data sources for AS are different than NOAA and not might match up exactly! Also there is a bit of randomess built into AS and FS.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest jwhak1

>Hi Josh,>>1. Please post the exact METARs that show the visibilities and>ceilings. Then some screenshots from FS04 to show the>conditions.>>2. The Radar in AS is nowhere near the complexity of the NOAA>Radar. AR has not been worked on in a long time.>>3. Turbulence has not been changed.>>4. B193 has been released for everyone's use!>>5. Like I wrote to you you before, the data sources for AS are>different than NOAA and not might match up exactly! Also there>is a bit of randomess built into AS and FS.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Sales and Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpgRoger on that...I will make sure I do that next go around of storms... That is what I like to fly in anyways, gives me a challenge and not having much visibility is a fun one.I will make sure I do some screen captures... Shoot though for the computer world you definately can't beat this I think it is excellent software and you gents over there on that end have kicked some tail. One thing that kinda throws me for a loop is if there is hail reported in a storm does active sky pick up on that? If it did people would definately pay more attention to their metars. Or they would end up a lawn dart later.I noticed last night on the 192 version. That their seemed to be alot of rain even in areas where their was none showing on the radar and I didn't have thunderstorms extended and also where I was flying in rain there would be cloud cover in patches it and just open holes straight to the stars and then was still receiving rain in them holes.I will do better on keeping the info captured this next go around. Once again it could have just been quite a wacky storm.I am back to the 174 build. If you would like me to go back to 192 and check her out again I would be happy to give her another go around.Once again just sharing the experience and enjoying the goods... Take Care,

Guest jwhak1

>>Hi Josh,>>>>1. Please post the exact METARs that show the visibilities>and>>ceilings. Then some screenshots from FS04 to show the>>conditions.>>>>2. The Radar in AS is nowhere near the complexity of the>NOAA>>Radar. AR has not been worked on in a long time.>>>>3. Turbulence has not been changed.>>>>4. B193 has been released for everyone's use!>>>>5. Like I wrote to you you before, the data sources for AS>are>>different than NOAA and not might match up exactly! Also>there>>is a bit of randomess built into AS and FS.>>>>Hope this helps,>>Jim>>ActiveSky Sales and Support>>http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg>>Roger on that...>>I will make sure I do that next go around of storms... That is>what I like to fly in anyways, gives me a challenge and not>having much visibility is a fun one.>>I will make sure I do some screen captures... Shoot though for>the computer world you definately can't beat this I think it>is excellent software and you gents over there on that end>have kicked some tail. >>One thing that kinda throws me for a loop is if there is hail>reported in a storm does active sky pick up on that? If it did>people would definately pay more attention to their metars. Or>they would end up a lawn dart later.>>I noticed last night on the 192 version. That their seemed to>be alot of rain even in areas where their was none showing on>the radar and I didn't have thunderstorms extended and also>where I was flying in rain there would be cloud cover in>patches it and just open holes straight to the stars and then>was still receiving rain in them holes.>>I will do better on keeping the info captured this next go>around. Once again it could have just been quite a wacky>storm.>>I am back to the 174 build. If you would like me to go back to>192 and check her out again I would be happy to give her>another go around.>>Once again just sharing the experience and enjoying the>goods...>> Take Care,>>>>Jim, I am running b193 right now and I had to hoped in hear and put the sim on pause... It must have been something on my end or maybe the slower d/l speeds last night. I am over KHSV right now 4-22-05 0835 This is the NOAA reportMETAR text: KHSV 221253Z 31007KT 4SM TSRA BR SCT039CB BKN050 OVC100 18/17 A2987 RMK AO2 TSB26RAB14 SLP109 OCNL LTGICCG W-NW TS W-NW MOV NE P0003 T01780167 Conditions at: KHSV observed 1253 UTC 22 April 2005 Temperature: 17.8

Guest jwhak1

>>>Hi Josh,>>>>>>1. Please post the exact METARs that show the visibilities>>and>>>ceilings. Then some screenshots from FS04 to show the>>>conditions.>>>>>>2. The Radar in AS is nowhere near the complexity of the>>NOAA>>>Radar. AR has not been worked on in a long time.>>>>>>3. Turbulence has not been changed.>>>>>>4. B193 has been released for everyone's use!>>>>>>5. Like I wrote to you you before, the data sources for AS>>are>>>different than NOAA and not might match up exactly! Also>>there>>>is a bit of randomess built into AS and FS.>>>>>>Hope this helps,>>>Jim>>>ActiveSky Sales and Support>>>http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg>>>>Roger on that...>>>>I will make sure I do that next go around of storms... That>is>>what I like to fly in anyways, gives me a challenge and not>>having much visibility is a fun one.>>>>I will make sure I do some screen captures... Shoot though>for>>the computer world you definately can't beat this I think it>>is excellent software and you gents over there on that end>>have kicked some tail. >>>>One thing that kinda throws me for a loop is if there is>hail>>reported in a storm does active sky pick up on that? If it>did>>people would definately pay more attention to their metars.>Or>>they would end up a lawn dart later.>>>>I noticed last night on the 192 version. That their seemed>to>>be alot of rain even in areas where their was none showing>on>>the radar and I didn't have thunderstorms extended and also>>where I was flying in rain there would be cloud cover in>>patches it and just open holes straight to the stars and>then>>was still receiving rain in them holes.>>>>I will do better on keeping the info captured this next go>>around. Once again it could have just been quite a wacky>>storm.>>>>I am back to the 174 build. If you would like me to go back>to>>192 and check her out again I would be happy to give her>>another go around.>>>>Once again just sharing the experience and enjoying the>>goods...>>>> Take Care,>>>>>>>>Jim,>> I am running b193 right now and I had to hoped in hear>and put the sim on pause... It must have been something on my>end or maybe the slower d/l speeds last night. I am over KHSV>right now 4-22-05 0835 >>This is the NOAA report>>METAR text: KHSV 221253Z 31007KT 4SM TSRA BR SCT039CB BKN050>OVC100 18/17 A2987 RMK AO2 TSB26RAB14 SLP109 OCNL LTGICCG W-NW>TS W-NW MOV NE P0003 T01780167 >Conditions at: KHSV observed 1253 UTC 22 April 2005 >Temperature: 17.8