Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rockcliffe

Now that's windy!

Guest Rockcliffe

Edit: build 193I just installed the update last night and my first flight in the DC3 near Napoli was going fine until I turned final and noticed I was starting to crab.Boy did I crab. The wind at 600 ft was reading 099 at 99 kts. I turned into the wind and with full throttle was still accelerating backward. The GPS showed a groundspeed of 490 kias in reverse when the plane broke up.I had had not trouble at all with the previous build.Using 3.47 fsuipc (unregistered). Anyone else experiencing this?The metar at LIRI was showing a 14kt wind from the south, btw.BlairCYOW

Guest Rockcliffe

Thanks JimIt does seem to be directly related to LIRI. I've flown a few flights in other areas today -- B.C., Germany-Netherlands -- and seen nothing odd, but descending into LIRI keeps producing the anomalous winds.Tends to mess up the approach when you get a 100 knot crosswind, lol. Just coincidence that the first time I ever experienced this was with the new build, I guess.Blair

WHOWYes goto LIRI or LIRT the wind is crazy, LOL just start with a cessna, you get blown away like a piece of paper. LMAO

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Guest Rockcliffe

Glad I'm not alone. I finally made some headway into the wind, but not until I'd switched to an F4 Phantom, lol.

Guest 320MAD

LOL so it's about time I get my IVAO heavy weather rating!!!VID 167717.

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi GuysJust looked at the metar for LIRT thru Servinfo and IVAPLIRT 262055Z /////KT CAVOK 11/08 Q1019 RMK MON INVIS VAL INVISLIRT Trevico METAR observed at: 26 Apr 20:55 UTC (44 minutes ago)Winds: N/AVisibility: More than 10 kilometersSky conditions: ClearTemperature: 11 degrees Celsius, Dew point: 8 degrees CelsiusAltimeter setting: 1019 hectopascalRemarks Section: MON INVIS VAL INVISThis type of bad report isnt unusual for this wx station.My 2 cents worthCheersTony

Guest Rockcliffe

The wind was at LIRI again today too when I tested it.One problem I've found is that the strange value seems to follow the aircraft around and can't be cleared even by using the fsuipc 'clear all weather' button.Once you've got it, you carry it with you (assuming your aircraft survives). Even if using 'go to airport' from the menu to go half war around the world, the 'wind' pesists, even after AS refreshes with the new airport's metar.