I would like start my flightexperience as fast and easy as possible. That's why I want you experts to evaluate my way of starting up:1) make my flightplan in FSBuild and export it in PLN-format.2) open FS2004, import flightplan, start with "fly now"3) Clear all weather via FSUIPC (Modules - FSUIPC - Clear All Weather)4) start AS2004.5 and wait until it has updated5) import my flightplan (PLN) to AS2004 and "process"6) go to FS2004 and fly away......My questions:=============Is this the correct way to do things?What's the difference between refresh and process?I don't understand why AS2004 has to update before I import my flightplan, isn't it a waste of time? As I see it I only need the weather for my route, and therefore ONLY need to "process" after importing my plan? (but thats probably 'cause I dont know the in's and out's of AS2004)Kind Regards and thanks for a great program!Lars:-newbie

Hi Lars,Yes, those steps look good."Refresh" means that AS connects to the server for the latest data."Process" means that AS is analyzing your weather data according to the flight plan that you imported.You can start AS in pause mode if you don't want the first update.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Thanks Jim,for your answer and for a wonderfull program.Sorry for my new answers - I just want to get things completely clear for myself (you know: I do not know what's going on beneath the surface of AS2004....:-)): When you open AS2004 it starts updating weather-data from the closest station. I guess it determines the closest station from your last departure airport?If so would it then be more rational to start AS2004 in pause mode, import your flightplan, and "process" after this.?And do you need to "refresh" after the above action?Hope you will answer each question.BRLars

Hi Lars,The questions are not a problem!! That is what we are here for!1. No, If FS04 is running, AS looks to see what airport your are currently located at.Try this out:1. Plan your flight.2. Start FS04 and load your plan.3. Clear your FS04 weather.4. Start AS and let it download the weather and send it to FS04.5. Import your plan and let AS process it.6. Refresh the AI and ATIS in FS04.7. Go fly!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg