Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

Problem after using a second monitor

Hi AS devs and othersI recently did a test setup with a second monitor on my dual head ATI card. I tested it with a few configurations and in one of them I had the ActiveSky 4.5 screen dragged to the second monitor.The second monitor I used broke down so I had to remove it. Now when I start AS, it seems to start by default in the "virtual second monitor" and cannot be dragged back! Not even right-clicking the taskbar symbol -> Move helps as the window is somewhere beyond the boundaries of my main screen desktop.I'm sure I saw a solution to this somewhere BEFORE I had the problem and now I've searched and searched but no avail. I hope you can help me get my AS window back.. :-(

Hi,This is a little different than when AR disappears because of a screen resolution change. What you need to do is open your AS2004.ini file and adjust the WindowPosX= and the WindowPosY= values. Save those changes. Then start up AS. If you can see AS, then drag it where you want and then go into the options screen and save your options. Then AS will start in that spot everytime.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Jim,I guess it was too obvious. Before I posted I searched for such lines in the .ini -file but I was too hasty to notice the two first ones :-lol Thanks, working beautifully now.

Just an FYI for any other windows that are "stuck" over there:right click on the item in the task bar, and click "move"then, press one of the arrow keys. Do not press a mouse button! After you do that, the window will be stuck to your mouse and you can drag it anywhere without clicking any buttons.This should work in pretty much any version of Windows I think. Although I'm a linux person who only has a Windows install for FS9, heh.-stefan