Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

System performance slowed down after build 193

I just installed AS2004 build 193 and my framerates have slowed down much more than before and this when landing at a default FS2004 airport (not a custom-made airport scenery). They can be as low as 4-6 FPS when taxiing to the airport terminal (in this case, the default airport is LHBP, Budapest).At first, I had serious and rhytmic stutters - you could write a song to the rhytm of the stutters which occurred AFTER opening Active Radar and continued even after closing Active Radar and even after closing AS2004 and clearing all weather in FSUIPC 3.48.I uninstalled all AS2004 and active radar programs from my PC, re-installed the basepack of AS2004 version 1.0, then updated with just the build 193 update. This got rid of the bad stutters but frame-rates are very slow and a slight stutter seems to exist also, although this may be due to the slow frame-rates. Any suggestions?SYSTEM CONFIGURATION:AMD ATHLON XP 3200+ CPUASUS A7N8XE-DELUXE motherboard, latest BIOSATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB built by ATI (retail), driver version Catalyst 4.11.Direct X 9.0cWindows XP pro, SP2FS2004 with 9.1 patch installedJohn

Hello Jim and thanks for your answer,But I have no idea what you mean by "download throttling" ??? I looked through all the instructions and the options page for AS and AR and cannot find anything which resembles this.John.

Jim,Might you please explain what download throttling does--and more or less how it works? (See the option, but don't know what it means...)Thanks,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Forget it - I found the "Enable Download Throttling" checkbox the the AS options window.I must be cross-eyed from too much flying and losing my sight (or my reading ability for text-all those images of runways, clouds, instruments and scenery must be making me lose my verbal abilites!) :))I also tried reducing the AR detail leve just one notch and that was enough. Performace is decent now and no more stutters.Thanks Jim.John

Hi,Glad you are making some progress! Some users were experiencing some stutters while AS was downloading data. What that option does is slow down a bit the download so that the stutters are not as noticeable. Try your system both ways to find the best setting for you.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg