Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flic1

FSUIPC and sudden wind shifts....

Guest Flic1

I have been experiencing rapid wind changes during flights with AS2004.5 and have read through some other posts where people were having simlar problems. The winds will cirlcle about 360 degrees and the speed will change rapidly causing a lot of aircraft control issues. It seems the ActiveSky team has suggested this is an FSUIPC issue, not AS. I have the un-registered version of the latest FSUIPC and was wondering if I purchased the registered, will this fix my problem? Just was curious if this has cured the problem for others. Thanks for any help!Eric

Guest Callmecapt

Hi EricDon't know if it will fix the problem, (probably will as it offers more weather options) but I heavily recommend purchasing the registered version of FSUIPC. If not for supporting Pete Dowson, do it for the multitude of extra functions it offers.RegardsGoran

Hi Eric,First of all only one other user has mentioned this lately and his winds are not doing 360's. Can I suggest that you post your AS2004.ini file. We'll be happy to take a look! Also, what AS build and what version of FSUIPC?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest vas_yan

well Jim If i am the one other user then let me say that while my winds aren't doing 360s In a couple of occasions I did notice a drastic change, say from SW to N in a matter of seconds while on approach under my suppresion altitude. I was flying online and I can remember thinking why did the controller ask me to land on this runway since I have a heafty tailwind and next thing I know I get my headwing alright...Regards,

Guest Flic1

Hi Jim-The 360's may have been a little exagerrated but I have definitely been getting winds aloft (>30k feet) shifting sharply from say out of the south to a nearly northerly direction in a matter of seconds along with speeds changing. Went from a steady 45kt wind to 14kt along with directional shift yesterday over the PA area Flying the LDS 767 it is easy to track the wind speed/direction on the EHSI and it certainly is moving around quite a bit in flight at times. I have to admit that I just updated my AS to build 193 last night. I had previously had 174 so I don't know if this latest build will help things. I also updated to the latest FSUIPC that came with the build (3.47). I have not done any flights yet so maybe that will solve the issue. Here is my .ini in case something doesn't look right. Thanks much!!Eric//AS2004.5 configuration file B193[General]WindowPosX = 1725WindowPosY = 780DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 10000SurfaceWindLimit = 30CloudLayerLimit = 2LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseDOWNLOADTHROTTLE = TrueForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = TrueLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 30VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 0AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 5TAFProcessing = TrueEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE

Guest viper18799

I have also been getting windshifts with the latest build. Mine are described the same as above. Going from SE-N back to SE. Here is my .ini file.//AS2004.5 configuration file B193[General]WindowPosX = 3705WindowPosY = 15DefaultWeatherFolder = C:gamesas2004ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 60MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = FalseDisableVisGraduation = FalseDOWNLOADTHROTTLE = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = TrueZuluConversion = -7AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = Brian-f0505d179my documentsFlight Simulator Files

Guest viper18799

John,I'm using 3.47.Here are the settings[General]History=QXTSMDKUFPRE373IC5XHRTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesTimeForSelect=4MainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...WindSmoothing=YesAutoTaxiWind=NoPropTaxiWind=NoTimeSetMode=PartialWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=0UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=NoWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=NoExtendMetarMaxVis=NoPatchSimApAlt=YesDisconnTrimForAP=NoZeroElevForAPAlt=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=NoWindSmoothness=-1SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0MaximumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0MaximumVisibilityRainy=0OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=YesExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoShowPMcontrols=NoMagicBattery=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=YesElevatorSpikeRemoval=YesAileronSpikeRemoval=YesReversedElevatorTrim=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=YesSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000MaxIce=-4WindSmoothingDelay=0WindSmoothAirborneOnly=NoVisSmoothingDelay=0VisSmoothAirborneOnly=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoSpoilerIncrement=512ShortAircraftNameOk=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=No[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0CowlFlaps1Control=0CowlFlaps2Control=0CowlFlaps3Control=0CowlFlaps4Control=0SlopeAileron=0SlopeElevator=0SlopeRudder=0[Programs]run1=READY,"F:gamesFlight SimFlightkeeperFLKeeper.exe /N"

Guest viper18799

Will do. Should get a flight in tomorrow night. However, I think I was getting the wind shifts before I set FSUIPC the way it is now. With it now, the wind still changes, but it only changes 1 degree a second. I will give it a try though and let you know.

Guest viper18799

After clearing the whether settings in FSUIPC it seems to be smooth. I will report if I find anything diffferent

I agree with Goran, may not fix your wind shifts, but I do recommend purchasing the registered version FSUIPC and to support Pete Dowson. I am one of his beta testers and run version 3.48 with no wind shifts other than those reported by NWS aloft winds. I fly the PMDG 738 and have had very accurate winds with no sudden shifting with ActiveSky 4.5.Yesterday the winds were gusting very bad in Las Vegas and I got lots of turbulence on climb out of KLAS with my 738.Bob