Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eggy_pop2

Weather update problem

Guest Eggy_pop2

Hopefully someone can help me with a frustrating problem. I am currently using AS2004.5 Build 193, and am having no luck using either the Online Updates nor the manual offline updates. During the Online updates, the program gets to the point of "Downloading WX data from HiFi Data Net", and then thats it, the program stops. It doesnt freeze up, because I can still click the other buttons, it just doesnt download.The second problem is that during teh Offline Update, the date for the weeather is always 031150z. That is the date that is also shown in the top right hand corner next to Active Wx.I have tried everything that has been posted earlier on this board, including turning of my firewall and turning of the virus checker. I have even reinstalled AS to no avail.Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated.RegardsMark

Hi Mark,Sorry you are having trouble. It looks like a connection problem so we'll go that way. Some things to look at:Can you surf our web-site?How do you connect to the Internet?What web browser are you using?Networked machine or single?Any router?For the Offline situation, that would be the weather file you are currently using. We need to get you connected first, then we can work on this.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Eggy_pop2

Hi Jim, Thanks for the reply. I have no problems surfing your website. I am currently connecting to the net through ADSL, use Netscape 7.2 and occasionally IE 6.0. I am not on a network, nor am I using a router.RegardsMark

Guest Eggy_pop2

I am set to Work Online in both IE and Netscape.Still no luck.Mark

Guest Eggy_pop2

Hi Jim, I don't think I connect through a proxy server, but I cannot be 100% sure. How would I find out if I do?Mark

Guest Eggy_pop2

G'day Jim, I am not connecting through a proxy server. I'm guessing its not looking good so far.CheersMark

Guest Eggy_pop2

G'day Jim, Build 147 worked for a while, and then that stopped. I upgraded to Build 193 in the hope that it might work, but it didn't. It just stopped working one night. That was a while ago. Not long after, I had problems with IE in that the computer would jam up if there was more then 1 occurence of IE running. Thinking the problem was Spyware/Adware, I donwloaded a program that removed that (Spybot), and IE worked properley. I'm not sure if that may be causing problems. I don't have that program running in the background. It only runs when I select it. Could that be causing a problem?