Hello there.I'm quite new to AS2004 and I'm very happy with it.I'm following the guidelines in the manual to run it properly, and I have a couple of questions.- Why do I need to load a flightplan in AS2004? Only to check for possible weather issuses and then modifiy the FPlan accordingly?- Do I need to leave AS2004 up and running during flight? If yes, why?Thanks in advanceStefano

Guest Erups

>- Why do I need to load a flightplan in AS2004? Only to check>for possible weather issuses and then modifiy the FPlan>accordingly?Loading a flightplan allows AS to gather information on the metar stations that you will pass nearby, and modify your weather in consequence, prefetching ahead stations, changeing destination weather, and so on.>- Do I need to leave AS2004 up and running during flight? If>yes, why?Weather is dynamic, even FS own weather engine is able to dynamically change the situation.But in order for this to happen updates must be available and the engine must be running.In the case of AS the engine is AS itself: so it must be active in order to do its work; the updates it gets them online.

Guest DNelson

Using a flight plan also allows you to generate a navigation log within Activesky, and permits you to show your flight plan route on ActiveRadar.