Is there a way of smoothing the temperature change when a weather update occurs? I've noticed recenlty with the PSS Concorde that during the very slow supersonic climb, the rate of climb can rapidly jump from a few hundred feet per minute to a few thousand. I had upper winds disabled, and knew it wasn't the winds causing the problem, but I noticed a 10*C drop instantly as the new weather was loaded.Not a huge problem on the ground, but in the cruise for just about any aircraft (although the effects are more dramtic on Concorde), the temperature plays a key part in how well the engines perform.The effects on the aircraft on large instant temperature shifts can be just as bad as instant wind shifts or instant air pressure shifts.If temperature smoothing can't be done now, are there any plans for it in Active Sky 5 or future versions of FSUIPC?-Phil B

Hi Andrew,Temperature smoothing would need to be facilitated by FSUIPC, as there is no effective way to manipulate independant station data without forcing a rewrite process which takes too long and can cause wx pops if done frequently. So we need either FSUIPC temp smoothing (which AS could automatically activate as required) or direct temperature control (of the live/sim variable, not the actual per-station data) so AS can perform its own temp smoothing.We have asked for this from Pete a while ago and I know its on the list but not sure when we might see this. Those who could use this, I suggest you post on Pete's forum at www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and request it.. the more interest shown, the better chance of it coming sooner than later :)There are ways we can minimize the problem, such as locking an average aloft temperature to prevent any changes. But since this would negatively affect realism we would rather see the real data smoothed.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies