Sign in to follow this  
Guest Octave

Cant update

Guest Octave

Jim , hi ... i have a problem with the new version of AS2004.5 .. When i run the setup program its asking for ActiveSky 2004.msi and asking me for the location .. i think somehow this file has been corrupt or deleted so now i cant uninstall the old Version ... I`m running B182 so could you help in anyway .. thanks Rob

Hi Rob,Your Windows registry has lost track of the location of AS. Some have found that a registry scan and fix cleared this up. A few others have done a uninstall/reintall to fix this. Please let me know if you need more help! Also, Chris might point you to a program that has worked for him.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Octave

Hi Jim ... I cant uninstall because of this problem so im kind of stuck . When i do try and uninstall i get asked for the location of the msi file . I did try a registry scan but that hasn`t worked . Thanks for you reply Rob

Guest Octave

Hi Jim , yes i did scan with registry fix 3 and regarding adware/spyware my system is clean . I scan my system every day and have pestcontrol active . By the way , i had a look in my registry and AS2004 is in the registry with the correct path .Rob

Hi Rob,Thanks for the info. I would then say to edit out all HiFi entries in the regisry, manually delete the AS2004 folder, reinstall your purchased version and then directly update.Please let me know if you need anything else!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Octave

Hi Jim , ok i will try that , I`ll back up the registry just in case it doesnt work . Thanks for your help , I`ll let you know the result .Rob

Guest Octave

Hi Chris , thanks for the link I`ll take a look Rob

Guest Octave

Hi Chris , Installer CleanUp worked flawlessly and everything installed perfectly . Thanks very much for you help .Rob

Guest Octave

Hi Jim , just to let you know , Chris gave me a link to Installer CleanUp and it worked flawlessly and everything installed so now i have 193 working . You give the best support and i cant thank you enough for the help you gave me Regards Rob