Hi,Last night I was flying a long flight so I decided to pause Flight Simulator until this morning. When I woke up Flight Simulator had crashed to desktop. I have been experiencing many c-t-ds so yesterday I completely reinstalled FS from scratch. The only addons I installed were FSNavigator, ActiveSky, and FSUIPC. Should I not pause FS while using ActiveSky?Thanks,Adam

Hi Adam,This is the first I have heard of this. AS should not cause this. However, it is OK to close AS down if you are going to be away all night. You do stay connected to the server even though FS is paused. Please let us know if this continues to be a problem and I'll look into this!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest steku

AdamAre you sure you PC isn't overheated? Summer is coming, temperatures are higher, some dust might be collected on fans.Did you recently tried overclocking your graphics card or processor? It can be the cause of crashes.

That is a possibility. I have been fighting the heat ever since I upgraded my computer last summer. I don't overclock, but I recently had to replace my graphics card fan and the card hasn't performed the same ever since. I plan on purchasing a new card very soon (like this week).Thanks,Adam

I can vouch that nearly every time I leave FS paused with AS running for more than an hour or so, everything is CTD when I get back.My solution is simply to kill AS until I come back. Then it never crashes. My guess is too many weather writes without FS "acknowledging" them or whatever it does.-stefan

Adam, just as a matter of interest why did you pause the flight overnight? Why didn't you just save the flight?

Normally when I fly I have a small app running that records flight time, fuel usage, etc. The data cannot be saved in an interim format so I can't shut FS down. I didn't have that app running this time, but habit prevailed and I just hit the pause button.Adam