Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

ASV cloud question for Chris or Damian

Guys,I am currently using the low res clouds from FS Sky World 2004. These clouds allow a good frame rate on my computer while using third party scenery and aircraft. Will the new ASV have low res clouds as well that are comparable to FS Sky Worlds or will we have to stay with what we currently have? Great looking 32-bit clouds don't mean to much when your frames drop below 5!

Eric 

I have exactly the same question. If I use anything other than the low fps clouds, it kills my FPS.Looks great, but at what cost? I see no mention of this in the blurb.Thanks,GlennA64 3000+ (2160mhz)1024 mb RAMRadeon 9800 Pro

Hi, ASV clouds will provide fast to normal performance, we have 3 resolution for these, 512x512, 256x256 and 64x64 with mips or without mips. Some will see difference with 64x64 compare to 256x256 and others not, depend on many things addons/scenery/aircraft installed + optionslider configuration in fs2004, and the system as well. Performance is selectable with the clouds resolution in the AE interface (see AE picture). Manual explain also.There will be others things with update after the release, will increase frame rate others then what's you have used now.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis