Sign in to follow this  
Guest janove

Metar-report does not fit with ATC-clearence

Guest janove

Hi!At several occacions I`ve experienced that the ATC-clearance does not fit with Active Skys metar-report. The ATC has sometimes sent me to a runway which does not correspond with the wind direction. Let say the runway direction is 35 and the wind is 150 at 10 kts, the controller still sends me to runway 35 instead of 17.What can I do to fix this?Jan Ove Larssen

There is a chance that FS AI and weather have not responded to the weather generated by AS yet. To check this listen to the FS ATIS to see if this marches.To speed up the FS response after AS concludes its weather writes to FS, refresh the AI by either going into the time setting and advancing it one minute or if you have a fully registered FSUIPC set it up to toggle the AI off then on with a hot key. This updates ATIS and the AI and ATC will now recognize the current weather generated by AS.Note that in the coming ASv5 this AI/weather update at the completion of the initial weather write is an included option.The reason for this initial discrepancy is that immediately upon loading your flight in FS, the weather and AI patterns are in place as established by FS before the info has been received from AS, and it takes time for FS to respond to these changes.You will find other threads in this forum regarding this.