Sign in to follow this  
Guest steku

What a disapointment!!! I can't buy ASV - PayPal not supported in Poland!

Guest steku

What a disapointment!!!I'm a loyal user of Active Sky 2004 an FSW clouds.I was watching this forum and hifisim site carefully (checking a couple of times a day).When I woke up today first thing I did was checking for ASV release. Hurrra! It was available!I registered, had my Visa card at hand only to discover that you decided to use PayPal system which is supported only in small part of the big world.I live in Poland, EU member, but this big eBay corporation (owner of PayPal) decided my country (with 40 million people) is to small and too poor for them. They decided the same way for mamy countiers in Europe including Russia, Lithuania, Slowakia, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Slovenia, Czech Republic etc. etc.By using PayPal you are prohibiting thousands of customers from buying your product. Many of them are loyal useres of previous ActiveSky versions.WHAT A DISAPOINTMENT!Are you going to offer your product to simmers from second category countries (as decided by some big corporation)? Please!Recently Richard "Georender" Goldstein offered his excellent Alaska Cinematic scenery using PayPal. He was plagued by download problems and complaining customers who were prohibited from buying his stunning addon. Finally he moved to Simmarket where all Visa card are treated equally. No download problems, customers happy, everyone treated the samy way.

Hi!.Got the same surprise here. Had already downloaded the 3 extra files of 25O MB during 15 hours!!!Hope it will be soon on SimMarket too.Too may countries are penalized.RakhamToshiba Satellite P4 3.4 Ghz1536 DDR RAM nVidia GeForce FXWinXP ProYoke & Pedals CH Products

Guest steku

I saw your remark in another thread. You were one of the first people who noticed release.I can't see any answer to your question...

Guest glenb

Hi,I had the same problem but found that if you select Pay Pal at the first screen (the one that only lasts 5 sec) it will take you to a page where you can enter the credit card instead of Pay Pal.Hope this helps. It is a great product.

Thanks for the tip. I will try it as soon as service resume!:-)RegardsRakhamToshiba Satellite P4 3.4 Ghz1536 DDR RAM nVidia GeForce FXWinXP ProYoke & Pedals CH Products

Guest steku

No joy!Of course you can enter credit card details but then you should choose your country from the list and poor old Poland (my country was established in 966) is not on the list! For the first time I see a place (PayPal - it has nothing to do with HiFiSim) where Visa cards from some countries are accepted and from some not. In my opinion Visa should prohibit PayPal from using Visa logo.I wonder why great but small companies like HiFiSim spend so much resources to establish thier own download systems and internet stories only to find their sales dropping because a lot of potential customers can't buy their products? At the same time stories like Simmarket have plenty of bandwidth and payment options for customers from the whole planet? Maybe internet market fee is too big, but I'm even ready to pay dollar or two more than customers from first class countries (as decided by PayPal - eBay). But I'm sure that bigger sales on bigger market will bring a lot more revenues even with fee higher than those used by PayPal.

Hi all, I appreciate the feedback..We apologize for the inconvience and are working to implement further options for payment ASAP. I will update everyone on the status of that very soon.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest glenb

I bet they get that fixed as soon as they can.Hope it works for you.

Much appreciated!:-)RegardsRakhamToshiba Satellite P4 3.4 Ghz1536 DDR RAM nVidia GeForce FXWinXP ProYoke & Pedals CH Products

Guest steku

>>Hi all, I appreciate the feedback..>>We apologize for the inconvience and are working to implement>further options for payment ASAP. I will update everyone on>the status of that very soon.>Is there any hope for us to fly with ASV this weekend? Or rather should we plan some familiy activities?We in Poland VATISM have big event today (more than 160 online flights planned - starting Saturday at 16:00Z) and I was hoping we will be able to fly with ASV. And the real world sky over Poland is great - a lot of Cumulus clouds scattered or broken.Here is a lint to our VARA event (but only in Polish):http://www.pl-vacc.org/pol3/events.php

Guest steku

Just for reference: I checked that over 170 countries of the world is NOT SUPPORTED by PayPal...