Hi All,Yes we are still getting pounded at the purchase server end. We are doin what we can to limit access so that things don't totally crash. We will continue to attempt to improve.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

DamianSuccessfully downloaded ASV last night (2200hrs GMT) A little slow but not a single hitch. Been with the program since the early beta days and knowing the superb quality you put out was more than happy to buy the full program rather than the update.A big thankyou to you and the team.Richard.www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest MrBitsy

One thing I hate about FS2004 is how dead the atmosphere is. Went for a flight in a Cirrus SR22 about a month ago and from take off to landing we were thrown all over the place! I have all wind smoothing off and turbulance on, but it is still a bit dead in FS2004.However, with ASV the atmosphere is a little more unpredictable with the plane at least rising and sinking on the approach. Its just not realistic to have smooth flight all the time.Ray Keattch

Hi Jim,I guess I need to try to describe what happens in 4.5 with the winds but it does look like version 5 is a significant improvement so I'll probably be buying it this week to try it out.I try to correct for a cross-wind during the final by adjusting the rudder trim and even banking but it never seems to be enough. It may be my CH flight yoke or may be just I'm doing it wrong. The plane is very hard to put back on course and seems to continue to move left or right, albeit only slightly, even with rudder trim correction. I do finally manage to correct my course and land but typically, my landing will be crooked on the runway - not facing straight ahead. I think I need to perhaps practice my landings with a cross-wind... :))But has anyone or you, Jim, noticed that cross-wind landings are easier to manage with version 5 compared to 4.5 ?John

Guest steku

>I try to correct for a cross-wind during the final by>adjusting the rudder trim and even banking but it never seems>to be enough. It may be my CH flight yoke or may be just I'm>doing it wrong. The plane is very hard to put back on course>and seems to continue to move left or right, albeit only>slightly, even with rudder trim correction. I do finally>manage to correct my course and land but typically, my landing>will be crooked on the runway - not facing straight ahead. I>think I need to perhaps practice my landings with a>cross-wind... :))I'm afraid you have to read something about crosswind landing technique. Using rudder trim on final approach to correct for crosswind is rather wrong... In FS docs there is an explanation of crosswind landing provided by Rod Machado. I recommend reading it carefully.

Guest EK382

Shame customers from the countries not supported by Paypall can't spend their money with you. Get a new ecommerce supplier.. quickly...

Hi Piotr,If you mean the banking and corresponding deflection of rudder in opposite direction from the bank, I know what you mean. It's just that I never felt the winds themselves were simulated properly so I didn't think I could handle them if they threw my plane around. So now that ASV 5 is released with what looks like well-simulated winds, I am finally motivated to practice some cross-wind landings. ... gotta have proper winds to practice for cross-winds I say! :)John

Guest DemolitionMan

Yep, Paypal sucks! it won't accept my Visa card, although I know it's good. I used it just yesterday to go shopping. When will a normal, civilized payment method be available, like Visa, Mastercard etc?Jeez guys, get with it, not exactly a stellar launch IMO, what was wrong with staying with your old vendor? At least they knew what they were doing.....BestGrahame (EDHL)

Hi,Those who cannot use the Paypal system for whatever reason, we have good news. We will have another option available in the next couple days. Thanks for your patience while we get this set up.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest MattOlieman

>IMHO the update price for previous users is too high. I have >purchased AS 4.5 just eight days ago and it suddenly seems a bit of >a bad joke.>>Giorgio>Hi,>>We announced the development of ASV on March 25, 2005.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Sales and SupportNot a nice response Jim. Too Bad Too Sad???? Please don't skew my hight opinion of you guys.

>Hi,>>I didn't say too bad, I pointed out the fact that almost 3>months ago we publicly announced ASV. There is no solution>because there is no solution.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Sales and Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpgI was just about convinced that the upgrade is worth the $28, but after following this thread, I think I had better go back and read all the announcements. And maybe any fine print, too. Ok, ActiveSky is within their rights on this and there is nothing illegal or immoral about it - but pardon me if my trust level just dropped a notch.Dale

Dale

Guest MattOlieman

Jim, so people should of heeded your warning and stop buying your product, 3 months ago, until the release of the new version?I came to this Forum to write a letter of appreciation of your product, which is fabulous, and that's as far as I will go. I've decided not to go into detail.This is a quote form an other post I made: "Whenever we are pleasantly surprised by the unexpected and unusual event of actually getting what we want from these types of vendors, we are fooled into thinking we were well services." Guess what type of Vendor you just became. You're on my list!