Hi, All,As I have posted on the other forum, if any user has purchased AS2004.5 within the past 30 days and didn't know that ASV was in development pending release, to please contact me at damianc@hifisim.com for some feedback and resolution.I am not still not sure I understand the issue that some of you are having, but I really want to listen. I am also not sure what we could have done differently in our policies, short of taking AS2004.5 off sale months ago (with no definitive release date) and taking quite a loss (we have quite a bit of costs especially in HiFi DataNet that only AS sales can cover). If the issue is that we don't honor issues where the user was misinformed or misled, please see above, we want to resolve this for all involved.If anyone has a good reasonable idea on how to avoid this kind of thing in the future (and to improve things now) please do let us know, we are very open to suggestion and appreciate the feedback. Finally, we apologize for any misunderstanding and hope we have opportunity to meet your needs and concerns...Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest MattOlieman

Hi Damian, Thank you, for those who purchased AS2004.5 within the past 30 days. They now have the opportunity to have this resolved.Regarding what you could of done differently; this is in my opinion and I consider to be FAIR and what MOST developers would do, and I recommend you would do the same. If a older version (AS2004.5) was purchased within 30 days of the release of a new version, a FREE upgrade will be offered.I think the above is a WIN WIN situation. I think all off ActiveSky users realize the enormous work (cost) that is involved in such a fine product and a fantastic contribution you've made to the flight sim community. I certainly appreciate it. This is not about the quality of your product or being misinformed, but it can be misconstrued as being mislead. When you buy a product one day, with out the salesman telling you, tomorrow will be a better & upgraded product, you may of felt being mislead. It's almost like saying, three months in advance; we're coming out with an upgrade, much better then we have now, but, buy the current version NOW anyway. For those who want to buy the upgraded version, when ever it may come out, and with little or no warning (Oops I gave you three months warning), you'll have to PAY for the upgrade. Damian, I can't believe this is acceptable to YOU, if you were in that situation.Damian, I appreciate, for those in the above situation, that you are interested in resolving this situation and doing what is fair for the customer.

Guest ksabers

>Hi, All,>>As I have posted on the other forum, if any user has purchased>AS2004.5 within the past 30 days and didn't know that ASV was>in development pending release, to please contact me at>damianc@hifisim.com for some feedback and resolution.Thanks, Damian, I'll contact you ASAP.Giorgio

Guest jboweruk

Thank Goodness for that, I've already got a card reg'd with 'em and because of the way it goes thru' it won't have any of it. :(

Guest EK382

It's on Simmarket! Even has the cheaper upgrade option. Well done AS team, thanks for listning and working fast to correct the Paypal issue. I'm 61% downloaded. Woohoo!

Dear Sir'sfor 3 days i'm trying now to download the file. I get never more than 3 KB/sec (with a broadband connection). Once i got the complete file, but it was corrupted - all other attempts failed at 22 - 60 MB (that's nice because i don't have a flat rate...).Is it possible to get now a download link at simflight ? I'm asking here because my e-mail remained unanswered.Thanks in advance !HeikoModerator/Contributor FS2004.com

This is an awesome program, one of the best purchases I've made for FS2004, I noticed the difference on my first use even though I was flying out of Las Vegas with it's clear skies, everything looks better, can't wait to see what the thunderstorms are like. I do have one question though, I was wondering how I could emulate the light chop you get when flying through clouds, or at least flying from smooth air into a cloud there is usually a few bumps upon entering a cloud. Is this possible?Thanks for all the hard work ASV team! Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>Hi Heiko,>>Email Jim, skorna@comcast.net, and send your receipt as well.Thanks Chris,e-mail sent.

Guest batur1977

Hello,I've been informed that to use the newest version 5.0, i must have the configuration of at least 512 MB ram.Frankly to tell the truth, the version which i am currently using (Activesky2004.5) is working perfect without having any problem with the computer performance.Here is my configuration,P4384 MB ram256 MB HIS 9550 video cardIBM 6349 type computerIf i upgrade the current activesky to ASV 5.0, can i still continue to enjoy using without having any performance problem (slowness etc..) ??Thanks