Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarvFerg

ActiveRadar (Gauges) included in AsV?

Guest MarvFerg

Is ActiveRadar feature of 2004.5 included and supported in ActiveSky V. I have not bought either one yet and I think I would like to have the ActiveRadar feature. Thanks for the advice.

Ctrl F12 is not working for me......Please advise. Had it before installation of ASV...Regards,Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

No Sir...NO Active Radar entry...awaiting next directive... Regards

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

OK I think I know what I did wrong. I uninstalled Active radar from my system after installing the new ASV. I was thinking it was the old version and that the new version would have included it as a stand alone module. Without reinstalling what files do I need, a .dll? If so can you send me the file or is there no way around this other than uninstallation/reinstallation of ASV. Regards

Do not know if this will be an issue or not. But, I am now uninstalling and reinstalling the "UPGRADE" version of ASV. Now, since the previous install I have uninstalled AS version 2004.5. Am I going to have a problem reinstalling ASV? I read somewhere that AS2004.5 has to be on my computer to install ASV 5. If this is the case which, as I have now tried it, I will need to get a FULL-INSTALL version. Is that possible? First of all though I will attempt a system restore back to pre-ASV purchase. Regards,Tom

i have tried to install the active radar over widefs using the way you said but it will not except the asv.exe file when asked so i moved the active radar dll file as instructed with the active radar folder, i have the gauge up on screen, 1. the weather tracking local information shows nearest station 1000nm with incorrect weather data2. i can enter the flightplan and it sees that good3.the situation page show the correct wind speed and direction and location but nothing else, even though it is raining at my location4. the planning page shows all my waypoints but no weather availible

i have uninstalled asv and reinstalled and followed everything to the letter i have done all the mapping of drives coreectly but it still does not allow me to select asv.exe when instructed even though it can see it.there is no change to any of the original faults, i am at at loss now still says nearest station 1000nm and there is no weather availibe for my flightplan.

Hi,Sorry for the problems with this. Please send me a direct email at damianc@hifisim.com. I am working on a new activeradar connector program and can send you a test build probably tomorrow. As mentioned there is also a manual method, please search for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and you should find it. It requires copying the activeradar.dll and activeradar folder to FS9Modules and then creating a reg key for ASV on the FS machine (so it knows where to find the ASV data files).Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies