Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Install error 1406: need help!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi there,during final stages of the installation i got the error in attached pic. After that i retried and ignored, and the process went straight forward to its end.At the moment i'm running ASV!What should i do?ThanksLuigi ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/119349.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Really nobody can help?Luigi ;-)

Hi,We were all taking a little nap after a 20-hour day yesterday. Sorry for the delay!We have no other reports of this, not sure why it is occuring, but we are looking into it. Could you advise your OS version please?Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest RcFlyIn

Hi all, I'm getting the same error message also. Although I simply chose ignore and proceeded with the download. Using Windows XP Pro with SP/2. I'm also using Panda Antivirus which initially stopped the download. Even after disabling it, Panda Antivirus still stopped it which was kinda puzzling to me :-lol

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

On my client PC (where ASV is installed) the OS is Win98SE.Never had a problem using AS2004.5 Build 193 though...thanks for helpingLuigi ;-)

Hi,This may be indeed related to ANTIVIRUS.Some antivirus programs mistakingly identify CHILKATZIP.DLL (our compression/encryption module) as being spyware when it indeed is NOT spyware. Most AV programs have updated their data to note this, you may want to upgrade your file? If this does not help I can only recommend contacting your AV provider and advising them of the problem? CHILKATZIP.DLL is NOT a spyware program. Certain spyware programs have USED the same .dll and that is why the confusion.If you have any additional problems please email me damianc@hifisim.com for troubleshooting. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest RcFlyIn

Damian, You were exactly correct. It was my Antivirus program that was causing the problem. I disabled everything connected with the antivirus and the installation of ASV5 proceeded without the error message. Thanks for the tip!!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

AVG Free Edition here on Win98SE.I uninstalled ASV and restarted my system, disabled AVG Control Center and started new installation.Unfortunately i keep getting same error; what else should i disable?You know AVG Free Edition?Thanks Luigi ;-)

Guest RcFlyIn

Hi Luigi,Simply disabling my antivirus program didn't work for me either. I had to actually go into the options menu and disable the option for "unsafe internet access". Once I did this, ASV installed correctly. Hope you get it working.