Hi,After I had upgraded to AsV, enabled MIP in AE (512x512) and made my first succesful flight I removed AS2004.5 and AS2004 from my computer (via Add remove programs).When I now try to start asV I get run rime error 372, Failed to load control ChilkatZip...I thought I read in the documentation that it was ok to remove 2004.5... What to do now???Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nl1704.png

Hi Nico,I have encountered the same issue...I was able to fix it by running setup from the ASV_INSTALL_FILES folder and choosing the 'repair' option.Best,Martijn

Guest pilot_guru

hi Nico,Sorry to read about your problem.After you installed the upgrade, did you backup the full ASV install files before removing AS2004/2004.5?If you have followed this course, I suggest that you email Damian direct for help at damianc@hifisim.comcheers,David

Guest davidvoogd

I had an error after uninstalling AS2004 as well, different error though. I had to uninstall and reinstall ASV and then it worked fine.

>hi Nico,>After you installed the upgrade, did you backup the full ASV>install files before removing AS2004/2004.5?Yes I did.Nicowww.nicokaan.nl1704.png

Hi Martijn,Thank for your help, that solved my problem!Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nl1704.png

Hi,We have found a problem with this process where if you uninstall AS2004.5 after full ASV has been installed (like we unfortunately recommended) then it can remove files required by ASV.The solution for now as mentioned is to run "REPAIR" on another ASV install afterwords.OR you can uninstall AS2004.5 BEFORE installing ASV (upgrade users will thus need to run the upgrade install, to unpack the full ASV install, THEN uninstall AS2004.5).Sorry for the trobuel! We will get this fixed ASAP.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies