Sign in to follow this  
Guest varignet

correct ICS usage and weird superfast clouds

Guest varignet

Hello,just 2 questions for this great addon.1)Would be enough to compile the newroute menu (without importing a flightplan) in order to have ICS submitting proper clouds to fs9?or is -import flightplan- required ?2)yesterday on my first ASV flight I noticed a weird behaviour.I was at cruise (32000) level, around 100miles from destination lirf, and noticed far away at 30 miles clouds moving fast and coming from left and right to merge in the middle in order to generate a big thunderstorm. The weird thing is that the clouds were moving at 3xspeed of sound, like pushed by the hand of god.It looked like some cloud clusters had been pushed in order to generate a required thunderstorm, however I could see it because they frist were below me, then they moved forward really quickly and formed the thunderstorm 30miles ahead.the weather was was offline weather, based on real weather picture, with thunderstorm generated at lirf x 100miles with 'wx generator'.Is this a bug?RegardsLuca

Hi Luca,1) Yep that works fine, you don't need to actually "import".. it just needs to know the locations of departure/destination.2) Never heard of this before, it sounds very interesting! You may want to experiment with your vis range and cloud draw distance in FS.. if these match it might avoid the problem?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies