Sign in to follow this  

FS2002.cfg

Anybody out there that would want to share their fs2002.cfg file with me, in particular the following settings:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=1.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=2.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=2.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1Thanks in advanceFranklinAMD xp+1900756 MemTi-4600Det. 41.09

my tweaked version reads -[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=1.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3remember seeing those adjustments around here somewhere. Thanks to whoever provided the original info - seems to work pretty good in reducing blurries

You are going to rely on one reply? Brave soul, here's mine for comparisonTERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=4.800000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=60.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=40.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4

Guest PaulL01

>You are going to rely on one reply? Brave soul, here's mine >for comparison >>TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=60.000000 >TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=40.000000 Your numbers here are in exccess of what FS2k2 will use as 9.999999 is the max limit and even at those settings not noticable nor worth the cpu hit at all unless you are using ultra high resolution settings for display.

Guest jase439

Careful on the terrain error factor - it's a bit of a performance killer. It will reduce the "floaties" in the autogen scenery - but it definitely costs. I know some of the FS Genesis scenery will set this value during installation. I think 1.0 means 'no error' and is the most expensive performancewise.J

Guest sgreenwood

>Careful on the terrain error factor - it's a bit of a performance >killer.True. This value is managed by the "Terrain Mesh Complexity" slider in the Options-Settings-Display menu. With the slider set to 100%, this value is set to 1. Reducing the slider a bit improves performance by reducing detail in the terrain (and increasing the TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR value). Another terrain note: The default setting of TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19 limits the amount of detail you can see with high resolution addon mesh (30m or better). Increasing this value to 21 will increase the detail quite a bit, but can also impact performance.Some issues: I have recently determined that 10m mesh constructed using an LOD value of 12 (9.6m final resolution) does not seem to be used at all with the default setting of 19! (There is more to this story, but if you are not seeing what you expect with 10m mesh, this may explain why.)On the other hand, the higher setting can reveal problems with some custom scenery. Regards,Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

Here's mine:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=1.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3TripNorthwood 2.2a at 2.72Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800Gainward 64MB GF4 Ti4200 300/57040.72's DX8.1 WinXP ProInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU3DMark2001SE = 13223http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4569591