Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

Installing ASV with WideFS

Guest dswo

I had WideFS and FSUIPC working before, and last night I did some flights with ASV working on the WideClient computer and feeding weather to the WideServer running FS9. Worked great!Now I'm ready to tackle the new cloud environment. To do that, I believe I need to go through the installation procedure for ActiveRadar. I'll probably get rid of the radar when I'm done, but first I want to get AE (running on client) to copy textures onto my FS server. (Currently AE is copying textures onto my client's FS9 directory, which I never use except when travelling.)Ok, here's what happens. I set up the sharing of FS9 folders on both computers. I map my client's FS9 directory to S: (for simulator) on my server. Then, from the server, I run ActiveRadarConnector.exe on the client. So far it's all doing what it's supposed to.In ActiveRadarConnector.exe, I browse for ASV.exe. I select it and click Open in the browse dialogue box. And here's where the hangup starts. ActiveRadarConnector pops up a dialogue box saying "You must select the ASV.exe file before continuing." Isn't that what I just did? I do it again. Same message. Again. Same message. Again...Is the problem that I'm mapping my S: drive to the FS folder not to the root on my client? I'm not a networking genius, but everything I read about network security says "Don't share the root."

Hi,For the AE textures, it has looked at the FS9 reg key entry (for fs9 path) and used it to populate the FS9 path entry in ASV.ini. You can change this manually (ASV.ini), to set your FS9 path to your actual desired FS9 folder. This way texture copies will work appropriately.As to the AR connector problem, some are reporting the same thing and we are working on a fix. It could be that you are not sharing the root. Have you tried using UNC instead of a mapped drive? It may work.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi GuysI am also having problems with AE not copying over the files to my client PC. ASV and ActiveRadar work great after entering the reg key you mentioned in an earlier post. AE just does not write any files to my client texture folder. Drive f: on the server is mapped from the client and sharing enabledASV.INIDefaultWeatherFolder = F:ModulesASVFS9Path = F:FS2004Both these paths are to the server machine which ASV is installed on.AE copies the files to the above FS9Path, verified by the action.txt file. But not to the client.Are you saying I need to change the FS9Path to point to the FS2004 folder on the client for the transfer to occur?.I am at a loss as to why AE will not copy over to the client when everything else works fine.Many ThanksTony