Sign in to follow this  
mankal4

How to load weather and automatically select textures

Before I get flamed, I did read the manual but am a little confused as to what I need to do to have the current weather downloaded and using AE textures. I'm not interested in creating my own weather but want ASv to do it for me using the most appropriate textures for given current weather conditions. So in options--AE which box do I check ?:ICS + RandomICS + Last SkyAll RandomAll manual Also do I need to click/press the update buttons within the AE interface if I only want the current weather conditions?Thanks guys...good work!-Mike

HI MIKE,ICS + Random = it select clouds and random; sky and environmentICS + Last Sky= it select clouds and the last sky set installed will remain installed.Just enable one from both, you don't need to do anytyhing else, at asv startup, they will install automatic.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

So if I click ICS + Random then for example if current weather indicates rain then the program will automatically select random RAIN textures right? My IQ goes down on the weekends!!!!!!

Guest varignet

I selected ICS+Last sky in the options menu.Do I still have to open the AE menu and press the update buttons for the required texture sets? or perhaps the update buttons only refear to manual submit.RegardsLuca>HI MIKE,>>ICS + Random = it select clouds and random; sky and>environment>ICS + Last Sky= it select clouds and the last sky set>installed will remain installed.>>Just enable one from both, you don't need to do anytyhing>else, at asv startup, they will install automatic.>>>Thanks>Chris Willis>HiFi Simulation Software Team Developer>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg>Freeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Hi guys,Just got the updated 512 textures. Very nice too, anyone deciding whether to update or not . . . please do.The way I see ICS system working its best is to have a flightplan prepared. The ICS system needs to know what type of weather to expect before it chooses the cloudset etc to install. This must be done before starting FS as FS needs a restart before new cloudsets are available to the program. So . . 1. Start ASV2. Open your flightplan3. Hit refresh.4. Start FS then go to your departure airportthere will be the correct clouds for your situation.Please correct me Damian if this is wrong.What I would like to know is , is there a way of indicating your dep airport without loading a flightplan so as to get the correct clouds. If not is there a way to delete the loaded flightplan used to generate the starting point.Thanks and congratulations on the proggy. I think the server overload when the program went on sale just demonstrates the admiration for your work.

Hi Graham,That is a good procedure.No, to the other point. But no plan is loaded at first just the airport closest to zero latitude and longititude. That has bee the default location for a long time with us!Thanks for the comments!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Thanks Jim,So . . .lets say I plan departure Bristol [EGGD] but no plan in particular is planned. To get the most accurate cloud type for Bristol I pick and load a plan that begins at Bristol ( even though I don't actually intend to fly that plan ). I press refresh and then load FS. Activesky now has a plan loaded and is optimised weatherwise [i think] for that route. Does that have any impact on weather depiction if I now stray from that route?If not could this be a way to change the default location for ICS system startup.Hope you understood all that.And again nice work guys !!

>>1. Start ASV>2. Open your flightplan>3. Hit refresh.>4. Start FS then go to your departure airport>>there will be the correct clouds for your situation.>>Please correct me Damian if this is wrong.> I guess I'm a bit dense on all this. To create a flight plan I have to have FS running. So is the procedure: run FS and create a flight plan, shutdown FS, start ASV and load the saved flight plan, restart FS and then finally go to the departure airport??? Seems a bit clunky. With AS4.5, I would start AS, start FS, set up my flight plan, start the flight at the departure airport and then refresh AS and import the flightplan at that time. I didn't need to start, stop, and then restart FS. Still confused about ICS also: I just want ASV to handle the weather and textures automatically. Which button: ICS+Random or ICS+Last?? Random seems to imply I might get a winter sky texture during the summer given all the available options I see in AE. BTW, the thermals are fantastic! I had totaly forgotten over the years since flying ITRW about all those little "bumps in the road". Really great! Mike

I know it may seem confusing but heres how things seem to work.ASV can only select and load textures if they are not in use [FS not running]If you have only FS as a flight planner then your method is your only option which is.1.Start FS2.Make flightplan3.Shutdown FS4.Load ASV5.Load flightplan into ASV6.Hit refresh. This is where ASV takes note of your startup and selects the best texture set suitable for your start up locations weather. It then submits the textures. [ note FS not running yet ]7.When ASV informs update complete start FS8.Go to the airport of your intended flightplan.there will be a short pause while asv checks and loads the weather again then your weather will fade in slowly. You are then ready for departure.Clear as mud??

Why click refresh if the plan is being proceesed anyway. No need for refresh.Correct me if im wrong but if this is standard then it should happen at the same time the ai refreshes itself (automatically).