Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight78

Some questions that NEEDS answears

Guest flight78

Hi ! i have some questions i need answeared really badly.1) What does Local range suppresion do? does it only change clouds "behind the scenes" or does it also change wind and all sorts of things like that?.If so if ive got range suppresion above 120NM wont that interfere with TAF processing?? say if im flying over an area with low weather radar station i got the range suppresion set to 500NM and TAF processing on wont this make it all weird and buggy?.Also if it only does change clouds so called "behind the scenes then why would i want to set it to a high range? for example im flying at an high alttitude i got range suppresion set to 50NM and TAF proccesin on then the TAF will get the weather it gets from over 120NM? why would this be good??? iam so confused over this.2) Touch and GoFor example i just wanna do touch and goes around a local airfield then i would do better just disabling range suppresion right? becuse maybe i want the weather to change right where iam not 50 or 100nm infront of me? or does it only change clouds???. Also what other options do i want to disable/enable during touch and go sessions??.3)Wind draft RateWhat in the world is good with having this update every say 40 seconds?? will the winds be diffrent in diffrent areas every 40 seconds?? i thought the weather only updated every 10mins???.What it all comes down to is that i want explained to me how i can get to fly with as realistic weather changes wether it is point to point flying or just simple touch and go

Hi Alexander,1) TAF is unrelated. Local suppression simply prevents airborne WRITES (to FS9) of weather within your suppression range. To avoid sudden unrealistic wx changes. TAF processing happens independantly at update-time, to see if a TAF element is more valid than a METAR element (in either case it will NOT update to FS if it is SUPPRESSED). All wx writes contain ALL wx including clouds, winds, temp, etc.2) Yes you could disable local suppression so that the wx will update as time passes even though you have not traveled any distance. The wx can update suddenly without "smoothness" when you have local suppression disabled.3) Wind drift is independant of wx updates. After the configured drift rate interval (say 30 seconds) it will randomly decide to drift the direction/speed at that time.. it does not guarantee it will drift, but it may...METAR and other information takes time to transfer from the airport to the local wx systems such as NOAA (real life), to the main international wx systems, to our servers, to our clients... In addition, airports usually only update every hour (usually at XX:50). It can take about 30 minutes after that time for it to show up in ASBest,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest flight78

Hi ! thank you for your wonderful answear it really helps alot !:D.While i got u on the line i thought i would ask another one. Say if i dont wanna use the implented timezone detection or so for long haul flying say if i wanna use FS real time instead what do i need to enable/disable in the option menu then?. Iam just asking this becuse iam not sure how good the time and all that works within ASV.Best regards:Alexander

Guest flight78

BUMP and with this bump im gona add a new questionWhich is more real disable visbility gradution or enable it??.Also i just did a flight when i had landed i made a fresh update to weather and the weather turned out fairly diffrent from the weather i had before so i actully landed in wrong weather????!!:(.How do i get so the weather is as accurate as possible when making a landing at destination airport turn off suppresion ceiling tottaly or what?.Best regards:Alexander